Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Scavenger oil change system. Anyone ever use one and if so was it as easy as the video shows?

·
Registered
235 Posts
easy as can be you will be amazed at how much dirty oil is in there wont hurt to buy a extra quart to flush out all the oil you wont use all of it so you will have some for the next time. i put all the parts in a plastic bag so i dont miss place them LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool..I'm getting ready for a 4500 mile trip in June. I'll change the oil with this system before I leave.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Just be aware that you are running the engine with no oil while you're purging the old. With the new style outer cam plain bearing set up, I think I'd pass...

If you're using quality oil and changing at reasonable intervals I don't think it's an issue.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Bought one for my softail but never could use it. Depends on how the exhaust exits the rear head as to whether you have enough clearance the remove the oil return line. Tried it with two different exhausts and didn't have enough clearance with either one.
It also does not run the engine dry of oil. The fresh oil pushes the old oil out.

·
Administrator
10,475 Posts
I'm with the change regularly with a good oil camp here

Never had an oil related failure yet due to an extra bit of dirty oil in the system

come to think of it , never had an oil related failure

but if it makes ya feel good .......

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm with the change regularly with a good oil camp here

Never had an oil related failure yet due to an extra bit of dirty oil in the system

come to think of it , never had an oil related failure

but if it makes ya feel good .......
Exactly my position Jack! I figure as long as we keep the big chunks out of the works we're good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts