Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Another of those solutions looking for a problem IMO.
Because of the location of the oil scavenge points in the engine, the best thing you can do just before changing the oil is to run the engine for 30 seconds or so
while upright or even slightly leaning to the right. this will get as much oil as possible sucked into the oil tank before you shut it down.

Amazing to me how anal people can be about every little detail of oil, oil changes etc in the motorcycle, while at the
same time probably don't give 2 shits about their car or truck.
Every think about how much oil is left over in those engines at oil change time?? Ever do anything about it??

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
much cheeper solution is after the oil drains , and you refill with fresh oil , do not install the oil filter , put a funnel and some rags under the filter mount , and run the engine until fresh oil comes out and wala , no used oil in the motor , I'm very anal about my oil , but not that anal ..

JtB

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
much cheeper solution is after the oil drains , and you refill with fresh oil , do not install the oil filter , put a funnel and some rags under the filter mount , and run the engine until fresh oil comes out and wala , no used oil in the motor , I'm very anal about my oil , but not that anal ..

JtB

I do my Evo that way. Very easy since the filter is under the tranny. Tired of the mess the times I have done it on a newer Evo.

I saw a new RC140 Scavenger kit for 65.00 shipped from someone who bought it but never used it. went ahead and got it. A fool and his money.:grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.