Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this helmet primarily to see if it would help with buffeting at highway speeds. Short answer is yes, it’s the best helmet I’ve ever had on….But there is a catch. With the visor down this helmet is Very quiet and buffeting is greatly reduced, I even changed from the Madstad to a 13in Long Ride shield and Buffeting was still manageable. The Catch…if you open the C3 Pro visor even 1 notch, buffeting returns, to a lessor degree than my HJC Modular, but still a modest amount of buffeting with the visor open. I like to ride with the visor open to increase airflow on hot summer days. The C3 Pro does have great venting, but weather it’s enough for hot weather only time will tell. The other great plus to this helmet is the optical clarity of the visor and the drop-down sun visor. Zero distortion or reflection from either one. The C3 is also a very light weight modular helmet.
Bottom Line, I’m keeping my C3 Pro and if you want a helmet that will reduce buffeting, this is the helmet to try. Expensive, Hell yes, worth it?? I think so.

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
Nice to know. I tried on one of these helmets at a motorcycle show last year and was impressed by the comfort and weight. You just don't see many dealers that carry them.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have a C3 Pro and love it but only wear it during the colder months. It is a great helemt and worth every $$$. The C3 blue tooth which is an accessory that snaps in place of the collar is well worth the money also. Most BMW dealers carry them and the one in Fredericksburg VA (Mortons BMW) will let you take them for a test ride.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We are leaving June 6th to ride from Phoenix to Jasper, B.C., and everything in-between. 30 days.
I've been looking for a helmet to reduce noise, as I have tinnitus, and Schubert seems to be the answer.
Very happy to see this thread, but I want to connect with the cord to our 2011 Road Glide Ultra. I don't have Bluetooth.

IS there any problem using a JandM headset, or Harley headset?

Thx

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
We are leaving June 6th to ride from Phoenix to Jasper, B.C., and everything in-between. 30 days.
I've been looking for a helmet to reduce noise, as I have tinnitus, and Schubert seems to be the answer.
Very happy to see this thread, but I want to connect with the cord to our 2011 Road Glide Ultra. I don't have Bluetooth.

IS there any problem using a JandM headset, or Harley headset?

Thx
I know they work with the J&M well. J&M actually will install their headset in the Schuberth if you send it to them. Some of the BMW dealers will also instal the J&M.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Harley headsets as well, I tried once to install it on my C3 Pro but no luck. The Harley speakers are just too thick to install comfortably in the Scheburth. I got them in....but it was a VERY tight fit and caused too much pressure on both sides of my head. I'm thinking of carving out some of the Helmet foam to better make room for the Harley speakers.
Problem #2 the Harley helmet mount really didn't fit the Scheburth that well, I will try it again with double stick tape.
Your other option is a J & M custom install for $300 You ship them your Helmet and they will custom fit their Harley headset into your Helmet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thx for the replies.
We are actually leaving on the 26th of June for Jasper.

I talked to JandM in Tucson. I live on the south side of Phoenix. They said once I found a helmet, just bring it down (about 90 miles) and they would install their system while I wait. About 1 hr or less to install. About $300.
If I send it in, about 5 to 7 business days for return.

Thx again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.