Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have a 18 RG and considering purchasing either a Schuberth S2 or C3 Pro FF Helmet and wondering which Klock Works Windscreen works the best in eliminates most if not all head buffeting without going to their tallest one straight away. I would like to go with the lowest one that would work still. For this discussion those that use either a Shoei GT Air or RS 1200 would be comparable in this discussion. I am 5'11, 30 inch in-seam.
A bit of my back ground experience so far:
I have discovered when wearing a 1/2 helmet Pit Boss with a Klock Works 14" Sport WS or their 12" Sport Touring does the trick for me with a 1/2 helmet. I was thinking that with a FF helmet the arrow dynamics is much different compared to a 1/2 helmet and perhaps a lower Klock works WS might work equally in removing head buffeting instead of their taller 12 and 14" options. My personal thoughts on WS height overall the lower it is the better the bike looks. Thanks All for whatever experiences you can share with me.

RoadWolf

·
Registered
518 Posts
S2 and C3 Pro are two different types, FF vs Modular, respectively.

When I sport ride on my Ducati, I always wear my Arai Profile FF helmet. A FF offers better protection due to the nature of its construction.

When I tour, I use my Schuberth C3 Pro. It is the quietest, best made, modular helmet I have ever used, and I have used Shoei Neotech and Nolan N104, which are also both great helmets. I like the convenience of a modular for gassing up, glasses, photos, drinking, talking, whatever. All have great features, but the one thing I love the most about the C3 Pro is the ratchet chin strap; Nolan has that too.

Don't know anything about Klock Works, but I am 5'9" and a Freedom 11" touring shield is almost perfect for me wearing an open face helmet. A 11" or 12" should be good for you, depending on your seat. Call Freedom, they will hook you up and let you try whatever shield they send you. Excellent products and service.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
There are so many variables that no one is going to be able to answer the question for you.

1. what seat you have on the bike.
2. what handlebars.
3. ride with vents open or closed or a combination
4. lowers on the bike
5. your height
6. your torso length
7. your physique
8. your helmet size
9. what riding gear do you wear
10. your riding posture

that is just 10 variables off the top of my head.

I will say that you need a taller windshield with a modular helmet than you need with a 1/2 helmet when it comes to buffeting.

Good Luck.

I went with a 16" LRS Thresher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts