Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at picking up a new bike over the next couple weeks. I want to keep the rear fender scratch free.

On my 2011 I had several different seats and they all seem to scratch the paint on the rear fender,
I ended up putting some clear plastic protective film on the fender to protect it.

The seat that did the most damage was an HD seat which boggles my mind how this is acceptable to anyone.

Everyone else have this problem?
What does everyone do to protect the paint on the rear fender, sometimes I go with a solo seat so I want to protect the paint under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How about cutting to shape a piece of the “soft” side of some hook and loop and sticking on the underside of the seat?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am looking at picking up a new bike over the next couple weeks. I want to keep the rear fender scratch free.

On my 2011 I had several different seats and they all seem to scratch the paint on the rear fender,
I ended up putting some clear plastic protective film on the fender to protect it.

The seat that did the most damage was an HD seat which boggles my mind how this is acceptable to anyone.

Everyone else have this problem?
What does everyone do to protect the paint on the rear fender, sometimes I go with a solo seat so I want to protect the paint under the passenger seat.
I ended up putting some of that clear paint protector film on the bodywork under the seat and the back of the gas tank. Harley is the first bike I have owned where it’s own authorized parts wear its own paint off due to poor fitment and engineering.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ended up putting some of that clear paint protector film on the bodywork under the seat and the back of the gas tank. Harley is the first bike I have owned where it’s own authorized parts wear its own paint off due to poor fitment and engineering.
Exactly, I found that to be ridiculous. I would have almost understood if it were an aftermarket seat.
But the HD seat rubs the paint off the HD fender, that is just bull shit and stupid designing.

I am still searching for a good protective film. Any recommendations for rear fender protection film that is removeable and replaceable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts