Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little bit bummed.. I see tons of guys on here with way better numbers outta their stage IV's. Dyno and tune done at harley dealer on SERT.

102 hp and 99 torque

Straight up screaming eagle kit w 259e cams and S&S power duals and street performance mufflers(S.E)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
First question, How does it run against those that show better numbers?? The thing to realize is that every dyno is different, and it's easy to make them show better numbers.
Put your bike on 10 different dynos and you will get a dozen or more different answers.
The loser of this game is always the first liar.

Do you have any idea where the actual air/fuel ratios came out, or does the dyno even have the ability to measure it?? A motor with everything else right won't run right if the fuel ratios are wrong, but it can still make a nicely shaped graph, just low numbers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure where the tech set the afr's. I'd assume a little on the rich side??? No idea lol. Didnt ask. But they put the kit together and theres warranty so i'd assume they're running it a little on the safe side.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It's hard to say much about your numbers without a "before" comparison on the same dyno. As stated, there's a good bit of variation, so you could take your bike to a different shop today and see a 5 hp "gain" without changing anything.
The key is rideability, so as long as that's good I wouldn't sweat the numbers too much. Or if you're not comfortable with it, take it to a trusted tuner and see if there really is power to be gained in the programming. Just be sure he gets a "before" reading...:cool:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
DON'T BE BUMMED!!! If you like the feel of the bike after the Stage 4, then be happy. Agree with the others on the Dyno numbers. Just wick it up past 3000 RPM and hold on! In addition to the dyno's settings, other variances will be due to exhaust and intake choices as well as temps & humidity I believe. Love my Stage 4. Think you will too when you quit looking at the numbers and feel the difference.

Little bit bummed.. I see tons of guys on here with way better numbers outta their stage IV's. Dyno and tune done at harley dealer on SERT.

102 hp and 99 torque

Straight up screaming eagle kit w 259e cams and S&S power duals and street performance mufflers(S.E)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest i need more off the line snap. Just doesnt pull like i was expecting. I really never rev it past 5,000rpm. Oh well gives me a reason to keep researching and wrenching. Its only money right. Need a project for next winter ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to say much about your numbers without a "before" comparison on the same dyno. As stated, there's a good bit of variation, so you could take your bike to a different shop today and see a 5 hp "gain" without changing anything.
The key is rideability, so as long as that's good I wouldn't sweat the numbers too much. Or if you're not comfortable with it, take it to a trusted tuner and see if there really is power to be gained in the programming. Just be sure he gets a "before" reading...:cool:
The rideability is good. I really shouldnt complain. It feels good, just had higher expectations for the amount of bread i laid down for the kit.

And i do have plans for a before dyno and tune with the thundermax to see if we can gain some performance. Then probably a cam swap to move the curve left.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm no expert but sound like you might want to go with some different cams. My power is at 2500 to around 5000 rpm. You might want to talk to Frank,Fuelmoto or Hillside and see what they suggest.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm no expert but sound like you might want to go with some different cams. My power is at 2500 to around 5000 rpm. You might want to talk to Frank,Fuelmoto or Hillside and see what they suggest.
Frank seems to be the "man". Its in the works. Startin with a thundermax. Probably dragulas, then cams and go from there. That should hold me over till winter. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts