Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:( in at the dealer...been there since wednesday got to see it but they wont give it to me till the MSO comes in........goin crazy....no mail tomorrow, crazy crazy crazy....also need a 58mm air cleaner...anyone kniw of a good one???

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Tony G, what did the 120r cost ya? Did you get a discount on it. Ive been pondering the idea between the 120 or a Dragos 107" stage 2

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ill take pics. of dyno sheet, but i'm still having problems trying to get pics.up...got my gauges
(Marty @ gaugeledmods,com) fricken sweet,thanks Marty all done,new bars,LED headlight etc.....but cant seem to get them on here....im a comp. idiot

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
There is a thread that walks u through the pic posting issues. You will have to get on Photobucket or create an account. Its real easy. Once you download the pics to your photobucket, you copy and paste to your post. Look up the thread. You have to copy one of the descriptive lines,not the actual photo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
:( in at the dealer...been there since wednesday got to see it but they wont give it to me till the MSO comes in........goin crazy....no mail tomorrow, crazy crazy crazy....also need a 58mm air cleaner...anyone kniw of a good one???
I bought a Stage 2 Big Sucker, It didn't match up on the 58 MM very well. Nice big filter though.

·
Registered
664 Posts
s&s stealth air cleaner. if you order the correct 1 it's built for a 58 mm throttle body. I bought one for my 66mm and it flows very well

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
HD Heavy Breather HD part # 29006-09B Gloss Black or part #29253-08B Chrome or part # 28716-10A Compact Design Chrome will fit the HD 58mm throttle body HD part #27713-08. You can also get the SE Pro Air Cleaner and Breather Kit - 58mm Throttle Body HD part # 29515-08. Any of these HD part # will fit your 58mm throttle body the Heavy Breathers run $299.95 and the SE Pro Air Cleaner Kit runs $149.95

·
Registered
22 Posts
Warning on SE 29515-08 Air Cleaner Kit for 58mm TB

I did my build with that initially, but it sticks out so far I am half off the floorboard with my right foot to clear the air cleaner with my knee/calf; it sticks out around an inch more than the stock unit. Does not sound like a big deal and a lot of riders would probably not mind, but I like the symmetry of having both legs being able to hug the tank like a stock filter (and some other alternatives) allow.
I am investigating alternatives between the ventilator, big sucker and possibly non-Harley like S&S or Roland Sands.. Roland Sands would require modification to the mount plate as they are for 50mm stock TB's. Am tending toward the Ventilator for compromise between looks and performance; with a stage IV motor and V&H 2-1 pro-pipe chrome I would prefer maximum breathing but am wondering if the look of the big sucker is just a little too agressive for my chrome/big blue pearl build which is a little more old school than the hot rod looking big sucker.
My question would be, what would the HP loss (if any) of the ventilator be vs. the big sucker? My guess is it would be under 5HP at thriottle WFO at 6000 RPM, so is it that big a deal? Maybe a couple HP over the range, 1 at lower RPM to 2 or 3 at 6000??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi all i'm back, the SE120R is a rocket 122hp/131ft lbs torque on dyno (it would of put out more but i changed the rear wheel from the 17" to an 18") took it on first run from San Diego to Yuma (Yuma prison run) less than 100 miles in spun every tooth off the belt (wheelies 1st,2nd,3rd)...trailered it to Yuma new belt and labor $731.00 later up and runnin again...smokin everything i come up against...half way home wheelied spun 1/2 the teeth off new belt...anyone know of a wheel/chain conversion kit for the 2011 cant use the stock wheel cause of that cush sprocket

·
Registered
575 Posts
I used 3guyz for the conversion on my Fatboy. I know a member of another forum that has used them on his Streetglide, but it is an older one. Not sure what they have for the current touring bikes but it would be worth a call to find out. Ask to speak to Andy, he's a real nice guy and very helpful.

http://www.3guyz.com/index.php?option=com_rokecwid&view=ecwid&Itemid=65

·
Registered
992 Posts
Congrats on the new 120R, sounds like an incredible ride! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure your engine is perfectly aligned as well as the rear wheel or you'll shred every belt you put on it.

Not sure what year your bike is but if it's has the newer front mount like my '13, those two cheap dowel pin alignment spacers must be in the front mount to properly position the front of the engine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts