Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 SERG. Electric Orange. The compensator was making clunking noises on start up, so I took it to local Harley shop. They changed it to SE compensator under my ESP for $50. Works great and starts a whole lot better. Now here is the not so funny part. After about 250 miles went to go on a ride and no clutch. Hardly any lever pressure. Barely any fluid in reservoir. Went to Harley shop and they told me when I had serviced my bike myself I had left air in the hydraulic clutch system. After a while all the air bubbles in system had finally went away and my fluid took up the space where the air bubbles were, so this is why my fluid level was low. I am no rocket scientist, but that doesn't sound right to me. Filled reservoir back up and have rode another 500 miles with no problem. Where did the fluid go after SE compensator change? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
As far as I'm concerned if there's no leaks and they didn't open the system then there shouldn't be and fluid missing

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It is not uncommon for a HD dealer to pass the buck onto the customer so the customer will pay for repairs. The dealer thinks that because we are not HD certified mechanics we are ignorant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts