Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year did Harley start putting the se compensator in from factory?? Is the bdl or vulcanworks a cure all??? I have a 2012 rg with 42 K no problems as of yet but don't want to be left on that lonely highway. Any input much appreacheated

·
Registered
210 Posts
What year did Harley start putting the se compensator in from factory?? Is the bdl or vulcanworks a cure all??? I have a 2012 rg with 42 K no problems as of yet but don't want to be left on that lonely highway. Any input much appreacheated
2011 was the first year for the SE compensator from the factory. I upgraded my 2010 FLHTCU the to the 2011 SE compensator. My 2012 FLTRX has been fine.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I can't speak of the vulcanworks sprocket but I recently installed the BDL and it's making a hell of a racket when it's hot. I know MikeU also installed the BDL and he's having problems too. I heard some who use it have good reviews of it and my bike does run great with it other than the noises im getting. Here's a thread I started about the BDL you may want to read http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=162241

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I just put the VulcanWorks sprocket on mine and like it. I have a different noise now but I believe its from the Hayden tensioner that I installed at the same time. The Hayden tensioner has a lot less surface area then the stock unit and works vertical as where the stock one is more at a angle. If you already have the SE compensator you will need a spacer that is not supplied as of yet with the sprocket. This is being addressed with VulcanWorks. I sent them my old SE comp so they can take the measurements so the can include a spacer. I used a 3/16" spacer on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts