Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, had the Stage 3 kit installed in my 2013 FLTRX. Dealer (who I trust) told me that I should see 95HP, 110TQ with this kit.

It has the 259e cams and the SE Race Tuner.

I have Fuel Moto air cleaner, Fuel Moto 2/1/2 head pipes, CFR mufflers.

The first dyno they did showed peak 84.48hp and 102.57 Tq. Rode it a few weeks like that. It pulled great but my buddy on his Street Glide with just cams was almost keeping up with me, and there were a few decel pops under heavy accleleration. Needless to say I was not happy. Had them do dyno again. This time got 90hp and 111tq. Still 5hp short, and was hoping for more. but quite a gain with no changes.

At this point, I don't want them to tune it any more. Would a better tuner be able to get me the 95hp, or could that be the CFR's causing the shortfall?

Sheet attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had 2-1-2 ..Drago's 565 cam ..setuner..cfr's and was at 90 hp / 108 tq. This looks to be right but would be nice to see when the tq starts.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Also what he said ^^^

Does it feel any better since the re-tune? Numbers are subjective and you should be more concerned with how the motor feels throughout. A better tuner(technician not hardware) should be able to get you in the ballpark but that all depends on many different factors i.e. temp, humidity, the dyno itself etc.... IMO stage III isn't that much better than a Stage I with good cams. Stage IV is only slightly better than that. There are always exceptions both ways....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It feels great. Way better. I'm sure if my balls were bigger the front end could come up lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
It feels great. Way better. I'm sure if my balls were bigger the front end could come up lol.

Then I would not worry about the print out. That's just one pull at max performance on that machine that day. You could go do a run on a different dyno and get more than what you expected without changing a thing. Now go do a pull against your buddies SG and see if there's a difference. 😄

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
That SE 259E cam is a POS. Had one in a HD stage IV build and couldn't get over 106 ft lbs of torque.
Took out the stage IV and went back to a stage II with a Woods TW222 and I am getting 112 ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Then I would not worry about the print out. That's just one pull at max performance on that machine that day. You could go do a run on a different dyno and get more than what you expected without changing a thing. Now go do a pull against your buddies SG and see if there's a difference. 😄

Chasing #s is like beating your head against the wall, it feels good when you quit...

Ride it...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got to ride with my SG buddy. He did cams last year and could always pull away from me...till now. I think I motivated him into upgrading. He caught up to me at the next red light.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
The 259 e is the problem. The e on the part # tells us it is an EPA cam first and formost......sorry.

If that's a problem for you that's all good. Doesn't mean they're not a good cam. They still pull really good throughout the RPM range. Sure if you're building something to race with you can find a better cam but for everyday riding they have great reliable power. Sorry....😉

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you ever want to make sure your tune is 100%, take a 2 hr ride north and see Dave at Pocono Mt HD. He is one of the best tuners in the country.

Also if you are serious about wanting more, then ditch the CFR's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts