Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im just getting started putting together a list of parts for my bike and wanted some opinions on the TTS vs the SEST with auto tune feature.

Im going to be using V & H Power Duals and V & H Black out Rounds and a SE A/C. At this time I dont know if Ill do cams or heads in the future. Im enjoying the power as it is. Compared to my 05 that I did a stage 2 95 kit I think this ike is just as strong stock.

I dont want to pay twice by going with the Download only and I dont want to use a piggy back device (PCV etc). On the SEST is the Stage 1 download one of the included calibrations that the HD SE catalog says are included in the SEST? And if it is can I jus download it to get close and then use the auto tune feature to dial it in?

Thanks in advane for the advice

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
after using masterrune (tts) I would never use anything else.
That being said the se tuner does have base cals for stage 1's. From everyone that I have talked to that has used both usually say that tts is easier for the do it yourselfer. the auto tune feature is kind of misleading as you still have to tune it like you do the tts.

·
Registered
619 Posts
tts as you do more upgrades you use the v tune to retune it takes alot to learn but its worth its weight in gold

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm a huge supporter of TTS. Steve knows his chit and he's always happy to give tech support over the phone. I've had many tuners over the years but nothing beats TTS.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, that what the lola Indy says too. He will work with either but prefers TTS.

guess I was hoping the auto tune feature on the SEST would make it almost a plug and play type tuner. I guess Ill either have to spend some time with either system or have someone else do a dyno on it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Thanks Guys, that what the lola Indy says too. He will work with either but prefers TTS.

guess I was hoping the auto tune feature on the SEST would make it almost a plug and play type tuner. I guess Ill either have to spend some time with either system or have someone else do a dyno on it.
yea the "auto tune" is not really an auto tune. Rev Perf has thier ems that is more of an auto tune but requies 18mm O2 bungs and that you send your ecm in. So far I have read mixed reviews with most being good.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hey Xaran. Tomorrow I'm going riding with Steve from TTS. Let me know if you have any questions and I can ask him for you. I'll also be with my friend from RB Racing if anyone has questions about pipes.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Xaran. Tomorrow I'm going riding with Steve from TTS. Let me know if you have any questions and I can ask him for you. I'll also be with my friend from RB Racing if anyone has questions about pipes.
Thanks Steve. I also got your PM. Ill be in touch with Steve in the next couple of weeks. I just ordered my pipes and A/C and will get thoses on and see where I am. I have a friend that has a Pc V that hes not using any more because he went with the SE Tuner and a dyno so Ill probably try that out and see hw it goes until I can set a little more $ aside.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Thanks Steve. I also got your PM. Ill be in touch with Steve in the next couple of weeks. I just ordered my pipes and A/C and will get thoses on and see where I am. I have a friend that has a Pc V that hes not using any more because he went with the SE Tuner and a dyno so Ill probably try that out and see hw it goes until I can set a little more $ aside.
Just a few corrections. My name is Russ. You need to contact Ron. Steve is the owner of TTS and does not sell direct to the public. I told Ron to expect your phone call. Good luck with the PcV.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
so how did that RB Racing exhaust do with the tts?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a few corrections. My name is Russ. You need to contact Ron. Steve is the owner of TTS and does not sell direct to the public. I told Ron to expect your phone call. Good luck with the PcV.
Thanks Russ. Ill see how it works and then give Ron a call if I go with the TTS

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
so how did that RB Racing exhaust do with the tts?
Its a great combo. Both steve (tts) and bob (rb racing) are the best in their fields. Although I wasn't present, I hear they've had some really good debates. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall. Btw, most people don't know that steve developed the SERT for HD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts