Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Roadies;
Got a situation. Bought a 04 glide. The person before me had 103 SE big bore kit, SE heads, Bassani power curve true duals, stage1 breather and white bros exhaust installed. I since have had the s&s gear drive/cams update and installed heavy breather. Now the bike runs rich imo. When I bought the bike in the saddle bag I found a box labled se race tuner. Enclosed was a cd and wiring harness/pin connector. For s**** & grins I inserted the cd in my apple macbook. The cd was recognized by the hard drive but no program run, it just sat there. Should I first connect everything then try and run the cd? Or take it to the dealer and let them reprogram the efi for $400?:rolleyes: Not sure, please help!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks admin,
Must be a dual boot (not sure what that is, please expound to "dual boot") I've tried opening the cd on my desktop windows pc, no joy. Just wondering what the rational for this person including these items with the bike, they are not much more value than a bowl of spagetti!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true, call the previous owner. I bought his tour pack (not included in original purchase from dealer) about a month ago. I think I asked him about the sert, i recall the conversation something to the effect the moco had ran the sert from their workstation and dynoed/fuel mapped. They released the bike. Bike rolled back in the shop, they forgot to calibrate the transmission and a few other essentials (sounded like a shop's half-***ed attempt to get-r-done). I get the impression the cd only identifies with the dealers pc, which is why it won't identify with anything I run? Please chime in!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did some reading into the tech side of the SERT. Very little if any info by the way of support. Seems more and more, the days of wrenches sharing trade tips giving way to techies trained in top-secret hush-hush moco information, my guess so the moco can keep your money flow going from your wallet their cash drawer in order to support your passion or mode of transportation.:(

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
Thanks admin,
Must be a dual boot (not sure what that is, please expound to "dual boot") I've tried opening the cd on my desktop windows pc, no joy. Just wondering what the rational for this person including these items with the bike, they are not much more value than a bowl of spagetti!
Oh sorry, when CDs and DVDs are manufactured there is an option to create
them only for PCs , it's not done much any more, but I do remember when a PC
CD, would not work on a MAC. Anyway, guess that's not it. :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had many mods done to the 04 I bought 2 years ago from a Harley dealer. 95 C.I., Higher C.R.,head work, gear drive and cams, feuling pump and plate.

Had them install the SERT, and they did the initial tune to get close to optimum,

I received the SERT CD, and Interface Module for the ECM. I later purchased the cables to allow me to run the Tuning Program off of my PC.

The CD should load onto your PC with no issues, don't understand why it won't

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. I've tried...can't run the sert cd on my apple macbook, I suspect the possibility being it won't run a program intended for microsoft windows format??? If anybody's ran sert on an apple/mac, PLEASE info...I'm all ears!

·
Gone but not forgotten
33 Posts
windows xp or vista

This is what my new tuner and software says. It is the only operating systems it works with glad i didn't get windows 7 yet

·
Registered
296 Posts
I may be chiming in a little late here, but, I run the software on two computers using Windows 7 Ultimate. AND, the software is useless without the VCI module that marries to the ECU on your bike, that is what talks to the computer and the bike to program the ECU. The VCI part number should be something like: 32109-08B. My understanding about Mac's was that they could run Windows programs, no?

Scoop

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Before you buy a SERT check out other tuners. Power Vision is the one I use and allows changing tune when I change equipment. Also, if I feel my scoot is not running to my satisfaction I can run auto tune basic to fix what ails it. It is less than a SERT and you don't need software to use it. JMO:D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
This is what my new tuner and software says. It is the only operating systems it works with glad i didn't get windows 7 yet
Original SERT had no clue what Win7 was... so it's XP or nothing. Good thing about Win7, you can get run a virtual XP env which will run anything that needs XP. Or install XP as dual boot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

With a Mac, use bootcamp or Fusion to run an XP env on any intel based Mac. I manage my Power Vision using Win7 as a VM on my mac.

Plenty of options.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Once you get the CD to run on a laptop or pc you need to keep that se tunner. The reason it was in the bike is it was married to your ECM and and wont do anybody else any good. I bought one off of Ebay and got F#$ed. It was sold as new out of box but was used. Now after buying software and cables I have nothing to show for it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Once you get the CD to run on a laptop or pc you need to keep that se tunner. The reason it was in the bike is it was married to your ECM and and wont do anybody else any good. I bought one off of Ebay and got F#$ed. It was sold as new out of box but was used. Now after buying software and cables I have nothing to show for it.
To be clear, its the "dongle" that pairs with the ECM for Tuning purposes. Once the dongle is paired to your ECM, don't lose it or else you have to buy a new one. The software and computer can be changed without affecting your ability to use the dongle. In fact you need to bring your dongle if you are having a professional tuner work on the tune, he will interface through it.

But, a Used Dongle should allow you to read codes and monitor sensors (I can't recall if you can capture live data or not) on any bike you connect it to, as long as the SERT software on your computer can recognize the model/year bike. So it's not totally worthless, but certainly worthless for EFI tuning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts