Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to open the sealed speedo and tach on a 2012 RG?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Why do you want to do that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you want to do that?
I want to change out the LEDs. I did the other gauges and the radio, now I have the sealed gauges left.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
You have to send the Speedo & Tach out to have the lights changed and the units resealed there is a outfit that does this but I can't recall who they are. Maybe some else who had this service done can post the info on where to send the units. Also you can search the forum there have been post on this subject.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to send the Speedo & Tach out to have the lights changed and the units resealed there is a outfit that does this but I can't recall who they are. Maybe some else who had this service done can post the info on where to send the units. Also you can search the forum there have been post on this subject.
That is what I was trying to avoid. Sending them out = down time= me not riding the woman not happy lol. Sounds like people haven’t tried to take them apart. Ill just figure it. But thanks anyways :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip Hutmo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Someone here on the forum posted a video on youtube on how to dissasemble those gauges, I may be wrong but I beleive it was on how to clean the glass on those gauges. This should get you close enough to the componants you want to play with. If it works out I may send you all my gauges this winter for the right price to change them to and orange or factory radio red color.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I just had mine done by Marty at www.gaugeledmods.com.
I found out about him by others on this site.
I'll have mine back by Wednesday and Ill post pics if you want

1 - 10 of 10 Posts