Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting up my FLTRXS Road Glide Special as a solo bike. I removed the passenger foot pegs, and ordered a set of plates that will block off the mounting area holes. I don't want to leave the bare metal holes exposed to the elements. My first thought is to use RTV to seal the holes. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with other compounds that would be easier to remove down the line, if necessary.

Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Setting up my FLTRXS Road Glide Special as a solo bike. I removed the passenger foot pegs, and ordered a set of plates that will block off the mounting area holes. I don't want to leave the bare metal holes exposed to the elements. My first thought is to use RTV to seal the holes. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with other compounds that would be easier to remove down the line, if necessary.

Thanks!
Have you ever looked at the exposed threaded inserts under the stock footpegs?

Considering they are exposed to the elements already, and you are going to block them off; that is already better. The holes other than that mount the plates will be covered correct?

Put your grease of choice in the holes then.

Alternatively you can use a socket cap set screw threaded in the open hole

They make black plastic plugs you can put in there.
This too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever looked at the exposed threaded inserts under the stock footpegs?

Considering they are exposed to the elements already, and you are going to block them off; that is already better. The holes other than that mount the plates will be covered correct?

Put your grease of choice in the holes then.

Alternatively you can use a socket cap set screw threaded in the open hole
Thanks! I think the set screws is the way to go.

There are four threaded holes for the peg mount. Yes, only two were being used, and two exposed. The bike is new, and I'm just trying to head-off future issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I completed my mod. Removed the passenger foot pegs, and installed a set of Kuryakyn board block-off plates.

I plugged the frame holes with allen studs. I applied a coat of anti-seize on them before setting them in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts