Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. As you probably know from my Handle...I'm short. 5'7-5'8. I had my stock seat modified to help accommodate me but it's not comfortable for long rides. Then I bought a sundowner and sent it to MCC to be modified, I hate it! (Not their fault, they did what I asked) It's now very ugly and doesn't feel right at all. The money I've wasted on these mods would have paid for a new custom seat already...
So now I've decided to get a custom seat that is made to fit me. I'm looking at the Danny Gray LowIST 2up with some extra foam to move me up 2". I'm also looking at the LePera Mavrick UP Front. Any experience with these and or other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
I'm 5'8", don't really consider myself that short, lol. I have a few seats, the Mustang is my favorite, it's a wide solo and I also have a passenger pilon to go with it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am just barely under 5' 8" and I was looking at the Maverick Up-Front but it just seemed like it was going to put me TOO far forward. Looking at the Le Pera website and their great photos that show different angles, I tried to visualize the difference between the sitting position with my (then) current seat - a Harley Hammock with a Mustang backrest - with the Up-Front and it was way farther forward. So I decided to try just the plain Maverick and I'm glad I went that route as the seating position is perfect and puts me right where I need to be.

I bought mine from Revzilla and they have a great return policy. You could always try the Up-Front and then if it's too close you could try the regular Maverick. We really like our Maverick. It's a very well-made seat.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
I'm 5'8 in the morning and 5'7 at night and I don't think I am that short, I use to be 5'9 but I guess I shrank as I got older.
I use the HD leather low profile seat and for me it is the most comfortable seat I ever had I can do 500 to 700 mile days with no problems, hell I like the seat so much I have 2 of them. The seat is only around $300 from HD too so it is very affordable. Go to a HD dealer that has the seat demo program and try out some of the seats that they have, they may have a seat that works well for you and trying out the seats don't cost you anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I don't think I'm short...but all my taller friends do. lol

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'm 5'7" and I run a Corbin Classic solo. While I'm comfortable for any amount of miles on it the pillion seat for my wife isn't that comfortable past 80 miles. Just not enough cushion on it I guess.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up following Methos's advice and ordered the LePera Maverick UP Front from J&P so that I could return it if it didn't work. I've only ridden it once for about 40mi but it is WAAAAAAAAY better than anything I've ever had! It put me forward enough that I can adjust my handlebars forward to look the way Monkey Bars are supposed to look. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.