Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing a question out there, I am running a Mustang Super Tour seat which I freaking love, and when its raining was wondering about a rain cover for the seat, do you guys use em? and if so what brand. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Throwing a question out there, I am running a Mustang Super Tour seat which I freaking love, and when its raining was wondering about a rain cover for the seat, do you guys use em? and if so what brand. Thanks.
First, are you riding still? Or stopping...covering the beautiful seat?
I hate riding in the rain....Especially with the squirming 21s.
Anyway, I have a small Dowco bike cover that just covers partially the fairing, seat and fenders of bike....It's frinken waterproof though....Small in size, but keeps the bike dry....Proven on last year's Lake George trip, where it rained cats and dogs....Pixs included later if interested? Good luck.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mustang use to make seat covers for their seats, but, I do not think they are for when your rear is already covering the seat. One’s I saw were wayyyy too baggie, look like they would scratch the shirt out of the tank, side covers and bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looking for something when my bike is parked and sometimes get cought without my cover which is usually at my hotel or home during a trip, when I stop just to cover it because of the deep scoop on the seat water will pool up on it, used to us a garbage bag but wanted something a little better I can keep in my saddlebag.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just looking for something when my bike is parked and sometimes get cought without my cover which is usually at my hotel or home during a trip, when I stop just to cover it because of the deep scoop on the seat water will pool up on it, used to us a garbage bag but wanted something a little better I can keep in my saddlebag.
Will throw my lightweight Waterproof Dowco cover on the Glide to show a picture of it..It's a Half Guardian weatherall cover.....Had it for a number of years, not sure of Part#or where I procured it...Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
We like the Exigent seat rain covers. They pack real small, do what they are supposed to, and seem well made. We first found them at Americade. exigentbikecovers.com.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Ah. That is a little different. How about a backpack cover?

$10 for this one. Just find one that fits the approximate measurements of your seat.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Gryps-Waterproof-Adjustable-Reinforced-Traveling/dp/B07G31YH16/ref=asc_df_B07G31YH16/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=288844473536&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10123621582268108883&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011681&hvtargid=pla-570899165185&psc=1[/ame]

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=-rFkXMqTO7P29AODuaGADw&q=backpack+rain+cover&btnK=Google+Search&oq=backpack+rain+cover&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i131j0l9.126.3728..4130...0.0..0.224.1981.7j10j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.......0i10.8ndm3CL4H4w

I didn't want my custom seat in the rain while hauling a bike so I put it in a sleeping bag sack and clicked it back onto the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bought one of the Mustang seat covers that I used at night on trips to keep rain and dew off the seat. I keep it in my saddlebag on top of my rain gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh, I have my kuryakyn ultra tour bag cover , going to see if it fits might do the job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts