Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,522 Posts
Yes it will! Seats from 2008 to 2015 will work.

· Registered
19 Posts
2009 seat fitment issue

All other seats I have tried on my 09 RG are about 2" too short. Not only do they expose the worn rear of the gas tank and console, but they are unsafe due to front mount hardly engaging. I have been told that 08 and 09 have their own seats. Hope that helps someone.

· Registered
19 Posts
will seat from 2008 ultra classic fit 2009 FLTR?
thanks.
The part numbers for the seat changed between the `08 and `09 models. '09 was the year they made the extensive frame changes to the touring models. I had a 2001 touring seat and it didn't fit on my 2009.

You can access the parts catalogs for all the years and models at Ronnie's HD website if you want to compare part numbers / fitments.

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/

· Registered
7,522 Posts
The part numbers for the seat changed between the `08 and `09 models. '09 was the year they made the extensive frame changes to the touring models. I had a 2001 touring seat and it didn't fit on my 2009.

You can access the parts catalogs for all the years and models at Ronnie's HD website if you want to compare part numbers / fitments.

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/
The frame change didn't have anything to do with the seat change. HD did the seat change when they went from the 5 gal fuel tank to the 6 gal fuel tank, the 6 gal fuel tank was introduced on the touring model HD in 2008 and any touring model seat that is 2008 to present will work on 2008 and later touring models.

· Registered
19 Posts
The frame change didn't have anything to do with the seat change. HD did the seat change when they went from the 5 gal fuel tank to the 6 gal fuel tank, the 6 gal fuel tank was introduced on the touring model HD in 2008 and any touring model seat that is 2008 to present will work on 2008 and later touring models.
That was a missing piece for me. Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.