Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, anyone know of a cool screw for the seat? If so post links so I can buy one. Looking for something sleek and chrome black.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I bought two on ebay. Neither one would screw in right. One was too long and the other seemed to be threaded different. But like others have said, you have about a million choices on ebay.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just ordered a brown and green Crocodile seat from Lepera. Cost me 1 grand. Going to be here on Friday. I am now rethinking the screw strategy. As you guys know my friend Scott who helps me out a lot recommended I get a Torque/Hex bolt now to deter theft as someone can easily take that seat off in less than 15 seconds. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
So I just ordered a brown and green Crocodile seat from Lepera. Cost me 1 grand. Going to be here on Friday. I am now rethinking the screw strategy. As you guys know my friend Scott who helps me out a lot recommended I get a Torque/Hex bolt now to deter theft as someone can easily take that seat off in less than 15 seconds. Any recommendations?
Listen to your friend Scott. He speaks words of wisdom. There's a reason people that buy Corbin seats order them with locks in them.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would suggest to make a research on getting a screw with security heads on it. you may gonna have to buy a security screwdriver (~$80) but it will do the work. You can get something like this:
https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/fasteners/security-fasteners-tamperproof/tamper-resistant-screws-bolts/1-4-20-x-1-2-security-machine-screw-button-torx-head-18-8-stainless-steel-pkg-of-100?infoParam.campaignId=CL3&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsdHhBRCwARIsAAhRhslroeWm7oPoKaTRkIQjK_Ik4lDk56af3yIx7RfL3GHO8A6VKHM993oaAnfXEALw_wcB

Google for "security screws" and make sure you get the screwdriver/tip for it.:grin:

·
Registered
7,558 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've had more battery issues then stolen seats, so if you get some fancy security screw carry the key with ya. Just saying.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But how many people actually had there seats stollen or know someone that has. I don't really leave my bike at public places for more than an hour at a time and If I do i typically leave them in public places where I can see the Bike from a window like a restaurant or a storefront. Also, the bike is kept in my home garage. The only time its in the opened is when I am at work in the garage but I do work in defense contracting and the building is public for both civilians, contractors and DoD but once in a while, there is some shady shit here. We had a guy about three months ago breaking into cars until he was apprehended by Pentagon police. Just saying ya'll shit happens!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I don't worry about stuff like that. If someone wants it, they are gonna take it. The only reason I have a thumb screw on my big bike is I change the seat out all the time when the tour pak is put on or takin off. Makes things easier for me. Hell I leave my helmet on the bars all the time when I ride my Dyna.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts