Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So still trying to find a comfortable seat put 640miles on the other day and legs were cramping butt was hurting. Going to need something better. I was on a lepra Daddy Long legs seat, tried the sundowner and no luck there either. Also tried the mustang didnt get 200 miles on that one..
I am 6'2 and about 260
any other suggestions

Bikes in the stable:
2015 Roadglide
2013 Roadglide
2010 Street glide

·
Registered
208 Posts
call Dan @ Bitchin Stichn and have your stock harley seat custom fit to your a$$.... I did and it was the best money spent on a seat ever......... just sayin...

·
Registered
641 Posts
When you figure out, let me know. LOL. I sent my stock seat to Mean City to be redone, felt great in town but felt like I was riding a brick on long rides. Sent it back, they redid it again, now it's about as good as it was stock. Not knocking them at all, they have been great to deal with. I think my butt just wants something different.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have the Russell day long seat. Am very happy with it. Put 3000 miles on in one week with no problems. On long trips I still carry my air hawk pad but rarely use it unless its real hot and helps keep ass cool.
I am torn between the HD Hammock seat and the Day Long. I am leaning towards the day long since I could have it custom made as opposed to an off the shelf seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Danny Grey Airhawk. Went to Sturgis from IL last year with it. My wife and I feel it is a big improvement over stock or the solo and crotch pad we had. Adjustable air, we just let out some or add as needed to change once and a while.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've got a badlander for sale if interested. It's been modified by mcc to put you an inch lower and an inch back. Seat is very comfortable for me and I'm 6'1" and 300 lbs. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting a stretched tank.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I've got a badlander for sale if interested. It's been modified by mcc to put you an inch lower and an inch back. Seat is very comfortable for me and I'm 6'1" and 300 lbs. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting a stretched tank.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
How much?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thought it was just me. So far I have had the Stock CVO seat, an Ultimate Tall boy seat, 3 different Mustang seats and a Road Zepplin. So far the stock seat is best. My current Mustang seat is the Super Touring Regal seat that looks like it was built at clown school. I have always been a huge fan of the Mustang products but my experience over the last 3 yrs or so has been less than great. Customer service is great but the product seems to be severely lacking in something. I really want this seat to work. This new bike is the hardest to fit for a comfortable seat I've ever seen. Ok, enough bitchin, tomorrow is another day.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Thought it was just me. So far I have had the Stock CVO seat, an Ultimate Tall boy seat, 3 different Mustang seats and a Road Zepplin. So far the stock seat is best. My current Mustang seat is the Super Touring Regal seat that looks like it was built at clown school. I have always been a huge fan of the Mustang products but my experience over the last 3 yrs or so has been less than great. Customer service is great but the product seems to be severely lacking in something. I really want this seat to work. This new bike is the hardest to fit for a comfortable seat I've ever seen. Ok, enough bitchin, tomorrow is another day.
I have been thinking of getting the Road Zepplin, what are your thoughts on that seat? Positioning and comfort wise...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have been thinking of getting the Road Zepplin, what are your thoughts on that seat? Positioning and comfort wise...
Wouldn't leave home without it. Had it on the 03 and now on the 09. You can adjust height. Normal ( all the way deflated ) it sits you a little higher, maybe an inch and back some. I love mine. John at HD saved me $ 150 when I ordered through him.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Wouldn't leave home without it. Had it on the 03 and now on the 09. You can adjust height. Normal ( all the way deflated ) it sits you a little higher, maybe an inch and back some. I love mine. John at HD saved me $ 150 when I ordered through him.
Good to know thanks! It looks lower profile than the stocker. I tried on out at the dealer and seem like it lowered a bit, maybe the same. But I did like the feel of more room. Seems like every stop light I'm trying to push back in the OEM seat. And the cloth too would be nice in both hot and cold weather. Just need a seat cover when not riding perhaps. How does the cloth hold up?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I loved the RZ on my 08 and 12 Road Glide. On the 15 I feel like I'm way too high on the bike. Wife has the same sensation. Too bad cause we really liked that seat, especially on long days on the road.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.