Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of excited. Just made an appointment to get my seat done by Mean City Cycles. Doing the double decker for rider and passenger seat. Also having black leather seating surface added.
The customer service so far is great. I’m hoping everything I’ve heard and read is true. Only sad part is have to wait until late June to send in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Kind of excited. Just made an appointment to get my seat done by Mean City Cycles. Doing the double decker for rider and passenger seat. Also having black leather seating surface added.
The customer service so far is great. I’m hoping everything I’ve heard and read is true. Only sad part is have to wait until late June to send in.

Is that how far out they are backed up or just when you scheduled it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be worth it, can't wait to see the finished product!

So got my seat back from MCC. Did the double decker on both rider and passenger, then recovered in black leather instead of vinyl. It looks great. I can’t ride at this time but I will will report when I get the chance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Called and scheduled a ride in for my seat in November. Have heard mostly good things out of MCC and from the pictures and videos I've seen I think they can make the changes I want.

Getting the super narrow done on the driver area and leaving the passenger stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mean City Memory Foam Mod

I sent in my HD Tall Boy seat and had the memory foam installed. We just got done with our annual ride to the coast, and after putting 800 miles or so in the saddle, I'm happy to say that I can add my name to their satisfied customer list. I think you'll be quite pleased.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a seat off of a 16sgs,sent ot too mcc for rework got it back.now I sent my original seat in and had it worked over,waiting on Thursday for it to arrive. i am going to send in my softail seat also for work.i have been pleased with mcc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m super excited to one day get home and try this seat out. My wife says it looks and feels great. It looks better than before it was modified. Dam I want to ride.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Go in next Friday to have my seat done, then will get to try it out on the local Toy Run that Sunday.

18’ FLTRX - Twisted Cherry
12” Straight Jacket bars
S&S Grand Nationals

·
Registered
183 Posts
Took my seat in today and had it done, going to try it out tomorrow afternoon. Had it narrowed, lowered 1" and a butt channel put in it, feels good sitting on it and narrowing it has my feet flat even in just my loafers I had on when I got home. The interstate was terrible however going and coming back, got a qte on a diamond stitched cover and I will definitely spring for shipping next time. Only reason I drove is b/c the toy run is Sunday and knew I wouldn't have it back in time.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally home. So after many months I got to try my seat out. I got the double decker mod on rider and passenger seat. Then had recovered in black leather. The leather is actually cooler to ride on than the vinyl. The seat is pretty comfortable. I still have not gone on more than a 30 min ride. So happy so far. Service at MCC is awesome. Folks over there are super nice and helpful.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I did the same, great experience! Get them to let you borrow the golfcart so you can go downtown to the cafe!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don’t forget the heat. Any of you all who are considering MCC, they add heat at a very reasonable price, and they offer a switch on the seat or you can operate on/off from a Harley switch on the dash. The female plug is already on the bike. Really makes a comfortable difference when you really need it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seat

I have had MCC do my last three bike seats. So much better, great people to deal with. I had the double memory foam rider and passenger.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So finally did a decent trip. About 1600 miles in 2.5 days. The seat felt pretty good. They say there is a break in period, so if it gets better still that’s awesome. Definitely an improvement from the stock seat. Leather is definitely cooler than vinyl on a 90+ degree day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts