Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a new seat for my 15 RGS. i am 6'3" and have 14" bars. I am not very concerned about passenger comfort because I rarely ride two up, but I don't want a solo seat. I kinda like the Lucky Dave Seat, Maybe a Corbin. LePera, I just dont know which and I don't want to buy the wrong seat, I don't ride around town much I am more of a road guy, so I am looking for input from riders that like or hate their seats.
I appreciate your comments, even snarky ones if funny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I am planning on buying a new seat for my 15 RGS. i am 6'3" and have 14" bars. I am not very concerned about passenger comfort because I rarely ride two up, but I don't want a solo seat. I kinda like the Lucky Dave Seat, Maybe a Corbin. LePera, I just dont know which and I don't want to buy the wrong seat, I don't ride around town much I am more of a road guy, so I am looking for input from riders that like or hate their seats.
I appreciate your comments, even snarky ones if funny.

Hopalong, I have a LePera Maverick, Stitched with Backrest and love it.
LePera's are very well made seats.
You may want to look at the LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs model.
When I'm going to take a very long ride I bring my Air Hawk along, just in case.
Here's a link to The Daddy Long Legs. Harley Touring Model Seats by LePera
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
22 Posts
G’day Hopaling48,

I put a Corbin touring seat on Lucille & love it. We do a lot of two up touring so it’s a dual tour set up. Had a single on my riddling for about 5 years & loved it as well.

They do seats for primarily one up riding which have somewhere for a passenger to sit.

Highly recommend you have a look at them http://corbin.com/harley/roadgld/ or at least sit on one on a bike.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
I found that the best way to pick your seat is when no one is looking.......I mean, throwing a leg over them. some of the bigger dealers may have trade-ins with non-stock seats. Or find one of "OUR" gatherings and ask for a test sit. Good luck!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are both nice seats, I will need to look again on my computer at work. Personal shopping on work time. Priceless.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I have been happy with the Mustang seat on my old ride, and the hammock on this one. I know you said you don't ride 2 up very much, but my wife prefers the hammock over the Mustang, but I think it because the hammock is the heated version...........

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Another vote for Corbin here, 7 years and 35k miles and going strong-still looks good.

I ride solo and have the classic close. One of my buddies has 3 Corbin seats and loves and uses them all.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Since you’re tall and passenger comfort not that important, the LePera Daddy Long Legs would be a great choice. It sits you back a bit further and has good back support too. It’s ok for passengers too but for extra passenger comfort, I use my Harley Tallboy seat when riding two up. Like Mike U mentioned, the Airhawk is great to throw on any seat for extra comfort on long trips and I’ve used mine for years

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
You cant go wrong with either LePera or Corbin for sure. If your patient you can pick up some stupid good deals on either seat on craigslist. My corbin with back rest in Ostrich was only $350 shipped from a guy on craigslist vs $1000 from Corbin. Just saying...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments, I like thinking about picking out a new custom seat but the idea of a nice used one and several hundred still in my pocket is even more apealing. New or used I like the Daddy long legs idea, I'm sure I cant go wrong with a Corbin. Or a Mustang. Or maybe a LePera Maveric. I guess there is a seat for every azz.
I really appreciate everyone jumping in, your experience means a lot more than a seat makers website.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Here's my results over the past few years.

HD Tallboy seat-hated it, no support, so slick that I was sliding around.

Mustang Summit-liked the extra 1 3/4" space back. Liked the back support, but felt like the seat never broke in, too firm-burnin azz cheeks on longer trips.

Le Pera Outcast DDL w/built in backrest-I wanted to like this seat, because the seat section felt great. Firm, but no too firm. What I didn't like was the rise of the back support. It was too high for me, pressed against belt/belt loop.

C&C Fastback-had this one customized and 3" back from stock. It was love at first ride. This is a seat that makes me forget about seats, just ride.

C&C Tour Special w/ built in backrest-just got this one, so no miles on it yet. Same specs as my Fastback, just a larger passenger seat. Only got this one because the Fastback passenger seat was too small for the new Ultra.

So I'm a C&C fan!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C&C Seats look very interesting, but it is a brand that I am not familar with. I will look into them today, I realy like being able to choose the materials.

·
Registered
28 Posts
C&C makes some nice seats. Had one a while back. Also, another vote for Corbin...lots of miles on my classic solo and very comfortable....but everybody is different.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a Corbin seat this afternoon..I am excited about putting some miles on it. I stuck on a picture from their website where you pick out the materials.
Bomber Brown and Tan leather.
Thanks to everyone for your input, Corbin owes you a commision.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I have a Mustang that I love, another idea you might want to look at is having your seat customized. Allen at Mean City Cycles is awesome at getting your seat to fit you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I second daddy long legs for us taller guys. I've had Corbin and mustang in the past on other rides. My Corbin never broke in, was too hard. The mustang solo I had was nice. But the color of their black is too light imo. The daddy long legs is real comfortable without looking like a pillow. Plenty of room for my girl on the back even with the extra rider room, and the back support is great. No need for a backrest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've put thousands of miles on several Corbin seats and love them - some people find them too firm and it does take a while to break them in but Corbin would be my first choice for a quality comfortable seat - I also put some miles on a Mustang and it was a good seat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
BMC!!!!!! It’s a Corbin but customized. I got mine 1.5” further back and about .5” lower. 6’3” and now have plenty of leg room. Couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mustang Summit

I like my Mustang Summit. It has a big seat pan, so your weight is spread over a larger area - reducing pressure spots. I was unsuccessful finding a used one. This is an indication that the people that buy them like and keep them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts