Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First weekend in April, 2014. Thursday through Sunday with organized rides Friday and Saturday.

To those who attended last years event in Medina, I'd like your input on whether you'd like to repeat last years location or go to Fort Davis ( Big Bend area).

All forum members are welcome and encouraged to attend and see the best Texas has to offer, riding wise.

I'm headed to Ft Davis next month and if consensus is to go there in '14 I can lay some groundwork on Ground Zero.

Either way, either destination, I'm looking forward to another outstanding event with a lot of great people.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Either place sounds good, but that weekend is hard for me since it's my oldest's birthday that Sunday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am going to do my best to make this meeting. Anywhere in Texas works for me, just impossible for me to plan that far out. I will follow the thread to see how it unfolds.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have never been to big bend and would like to go...however it is 750 miles from here...too far for a 3 day weekend.

I never get tied of hill country and koyote ranch is a good home base.

One suggestion I would make is include some eatin' spots on the rides....that's half the fun.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have never been to big bend and would like to go...however it is 750 miles from here...too far for a 3 day weekend.

This is a good point, both Ft. Davis and Big Bend are a long way from most people. Great places to visit, but a good days ride (or more) for anybody from central or east Texas. Texas is a big place....LOL.

·
Registered
383 Posts

One suggestion I would make is include some eatin' spots on the rides....that's half the fun.

Plenty of good riding and good eating in the Hill Country! Big Bend is good riding too, but is a little far for some folks maybe? I hope to make this in either location if I'm in town that week. Subscribed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I will be in for an April ride. Carlsbad,N.M. isn't too far and no traffic for riding once you are there. Not far from Roswell for a ride and you have the Living Desert plus the Carlsbad Caverns.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I will try this one. Looks like a good ride.
Missed it this year. Had to have hamburgers with the Missouri crew. Ye Haw.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
We would love to make it this year but the Hill Country would be our choice. Big Bend is farther than we could do in a long weekend. Hill Country would prolly require 4 day weekend or more for us here in north Arkansas. It's a 9 hr. day from here to Waco. Medina is a 12 hr day from here. We'll watch to see what you decide.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been wanting to ride both areas so I'm interested. Nice 4-5 hour ride from SE New Mexico. Was thinking about going to Rumble on the River in a few weeks but might wait till April to ride with fellow RG's. Subscribed!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have remembered this before I posted, but we need to consider that the Thunder in the Hills rally is usually the first weekend in April in Bandera.

Before we decide on a firm date and location let me find out when the 2014 TitH is. We may want to go the weekend of 10-13 April if the consensus is Medina/ Kerrville.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any good day tours to take?
Oh yeah! The 3 Sisters are becoming known as one of the top (sets of) roads in the U.S. We did a nice 200 mile ride at the first TMnG that included the Sisters. Wouldn't do a gathering again without including that run.

JimmyRay, as for a chow break, there's a super Mexican food joint in Leakey I ALWAYS eat at on my runs to The Sisters. If we go there again in 2014 I'll try to get us hooked up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Spent a week in Big Bend last year and the scenery and riding was awsome. I think a weekend trip to big Bend is a little far for us in east Texas. I cold make it solo but if the wife comes along noway. Hill Country is great riding and a little more central for most Texans.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Count me in this year, had to bow out last year.... Love the Hill Country and would have to get a piece of PIE at Love Creek Orchard......

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.