Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was leaving work this evening and thought, wow what a great evening for a ride. Unfortunately when I turned on the ignition my alarm went off rather than the ignition. I had my FOB with me so used the PIN security override and rode home instead.

At home I tried the other FOB, same thing. I also checked for DTCs, and there were none. I replaced the 4-month old battery in one of the FOBs, same thing.

Since the bike is under warranty, I will take it in to be fixed. Just a pain because of the time involved to get this fixed.

That said, I have two questions:

1) Has anyone else had their security system fail on a new bike?
2) How can I permanently disable the security system (not use the PIN each time), until I get this fixed? The owner's manual doesn't help.

Thanks all...

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
That said, I have two questions:

1) Has anyone else had their security system fail on a new bike?

the systems fail rarely. more than likely, you've got something else going on. did you put the battery in correctly? upside down is common.

2) How can I permanently disable the security system (not use the PIN each time), until I get this fixed? The owner's manual doesn't help.

you can't. I usually let my battery run down completely before I replace it. if you use the code a few times, you can get to the point where you can punch it in super quick and is relatively painless.

Thanks all...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Security System Failure

I double checked the battery. It was installed correctly, but the new battery came with paper over the negative terminal that I did not noticed when I swapped it out. Security works now. Still weird how the 2nd FOB didn't work, but now both work.

We had our usual Colorado Monsoon afternoon shower, so my bike was wet. Don't know if that made a difference.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts