Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I transferred my security alarm siren and pager from my 09 to my 13 RGU but have been unable to get the pager to work till today.

The kit has you apply Velcro tape to the frame tube and placing the antenna wire along the Velcro and applying the other half of the velcro to hold it in place. My Velcro was dry and useless so I just taped my antenna to a wire bundle running nearby. It did not work.

Today I obtained a length of clear plastic tubing of sufficient inside diameter to pass the antenna into for its entire length. I then strapped it with small wire ties forward following the fuel overflow tube to under the tank. The pager associated immediately with the system and now works well. From Wal-Mart parking lot to anywhere in tye store.

To associate the pager follow these steps. Make sure you have a fully charged battery in the pager and both ignition and pager are off.

1. With fob present, press and hold the on/off button on the pager untill there is one long beep followed by leds blinking in sequence and beeps about one second apart.

2. Quickly turn the ignition on and off. The pager will beep 4 times on success, or 2 times on failure. You have about 5 seconds to complete. If it times out, try again.

Another tip: if you want to bring your second key fob but dont want to carry it with you, disable it by opening it and placing a thin piece of nonconductive material between the battery and the contacts, then just lock it in the trunk.

Greg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
More info... What kind of pager system? Is this an HD product or aftermarket?
Based on his description, it is the Harley Siren and Pager system.
The Siren has the Pager transmitter built in with the antenna out of the Siren.
After you buy the Siren, you only need to buy the pager. Harley offers two kinds.
One uses "Built-In" Rechargeable battery ($89.95). The other uses replaceable 3V lithium battery ($69.95).

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Did you use the rechargeable model or the replaceable battery one ? I'm interested in getting it but didn't know if the rechargeable model the battery is removable just invade it goes to crap and I need to just buy another battery just not another unit.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Did you use the rechargeable model or the replaceable battery one ? I'm interested in getting it but didn't know if the rechargeable model the battery is removable just invade it goes to crap and I need to just buy another battery just not another unit.
I got both the rechargable and the battery pager. The battery pager sits in the drawer with the spare FOB and the rechargable is the one I use. I like the rechargable pager it is smaller and I don't spend money on batteries which can add up.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I got both the rechargable and the battery pager. The battery pager sits in the drawer with the spare FOB and the rechargable is the one I use. I like the rechargable pager it is smaller and I don't spend money on batteries which can add up.
For some reason, I couldn't get reasonable range using my rechargeable ironmark so I went back to the battery type (rechargeable now resides in my stash). Do you get good reception with yours?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
For some reason, I couldn't get reasonable range using my rechargeable ironmark so I went back to the battery type (rechargeable now resides in my stash). Do you get good reception with yours?
I get good reception with my rechargable. As far as I could tell both pagers had typical recption. I like the rechargable the most when on road trips when spending a night in the motel, because it is small I clip it on the collar of my T-shirt and it doesn't bother me, if anyone messes with the bike it wakes me up right away.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went to my local hobby store and bought similar tubing that is used for radio controlled cars and planes. Just a heads up if you have problems finding small diameter tubing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts