Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,564 Posts
If you do the code sequence with your fob nearby, it will show you the current code in the odometer

· Premium Member
6,370 Posts
If you do the code sequence with your fob nearby, it will show you the current code in the odometer
no, not exactly. there is a difference. it is slight, but a difference nonetheless.

first off, there is no specific 'factory' default for the code. that is set by each dealer. some use all 1s, some all 3s, some 31313, some use the last 5 of the vin, etc....

if you have a working fob, you can pull your current code very simply. with your fob handy, turn your ignition, on-off-on-off-on, then depress your left turn signal twice, then your right one, once. at that time, your current code will be displayed in the odometer with the first digit flashing. if you want to change it at this time, simply cycle through the digits 1-9 (no zeroes) with your left turn signal and 'enter' with your right. after changing all digits, simply turn ignition off.

to input the override code, turn your ignition on, depress both left and right turn signals at the same time, and your odometer display should display dashes. cycle through the digits 1-9 with your left turn signal, and use your right turn signal to enter. after entering all 5 correctly, your bike will then be able to be started. if you mess up, your alarm will go off. if you have a problem getting into override mode, make sure you don't have your fob in your pocket. take it about 15 feet away. if the antenna is picking up an intermittent signal, it can keep your bike from starting, and also keep you from being able to enter the code.

· Registered
7,522 Posts
My 08 security code preset from the factory was all 1's. I would think that the factory presets the security code all the same so all dealers nationwide knows what it is. Does the dealer reset the security code when they assemble the bike to their dealer specific code I wouldn't know but I don't see why when the owner can set the security code to what they want it to be.

· Shark of the Month October 13
13,184 Posts
scratch - Thank you for that very detailed walk through of the procedures to see the current code and to change to a new one. Your explanation was much clearer that I had ever heard it explained before.

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Thanks Skratch for the info here. I had never reset mine and didnt know the code till now. I don't know if the dealer or Mo-Co sets the number but i'm glad I was able to find the code and change it. My factory setting was 12345. Feel a little better now in case my fob dies.

· Registered
352 Posts
Thanks !

Great to know.

· Registered
196 Posts
Is it the same sequence on a 2015? I tried it multiple times and never could get it to work. Is there a certain speed that you need to do the ignition and blinkers or something special?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.