Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RG Stage 1, 9800 mi 2nd owner. looking for advice on using security fob. I have replaced the batteries in the fob and the on bike security system does not seem to pick up the signal from the fob. Where is the antenna on the bike located? Can I move the on bike pick up to a location that will allow me to match the fob to the location so I do not have to look like I am having spasms moving the fob around so the bike will pick up the fob signal? enjoying the ride but getting frustrated with the security. It's so secure that I cannot even start my ride. Thanks in advance.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the antenna and the tssm. Does the tssm have a battery inside?
What is the correct procedure to open tssm?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Is the battery there only if you have an audible siren?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
if you're having problems with the fob, first, check the batteries. i know you said you replaced them, but it seems that 9 times out of 10, they were installed upside down.

if you're still having problems, are you sure it is a good battery? sometimes they come off the shelf already bad.

then, do you know your override code? do you know how to use it? if yes, then at least you'll be able to ride while you troubleshoot the system. and you will only have a backup battery if you have the audible alarm installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New day

From the research I have been doing online I am taking the following steps:
1) Disconnect 12v main battery, put on trickle
2) Remove 40 amp "Big Orange Fuse/Breaker"
3) Replace FOB Battery, this may be where the problem has originated,
There are 2 slim batteries - where it appears there should be a single thick button battery.
4) Reinstall Battery
5) Reinstall Big Orange
6) Reset Security System with a On-off switch Turn Signal dance from the MOCO.
7) Reset personal bypass code.

plan your work, work your plan

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
There should only be 1 battery in the FOB so that may be your problem.
I believe to reset the bypass code you must have a working FOB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Success, I put the bike battery on the charger, purchased a new 2032 battery for the fob and waited for the trickle charger to top off the battery. I suspect I had a double issue. The batteries in the fob should have been the single battery and the bike battery was low. I will start using the battery tender and monitor the situation. I learned that my RoadGlide is more tempemental than the ElectraGlide was, but I did not have a security system before. Thanks for the encouragement. If your ever near St. Paul MN shoot me a message......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts