Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Great area, but it's been a number of years since I've been there. I really like Jerome and 89A going back into Prescott AZ. Great ride!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If your going to spend time there don't waste your bucks on staying there, Id stay in Jerome at the old Hospital, good eats, good ride. I got a time share Im looking to give away if someone wants it. just pay the fees and I'll give yah the deed.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sedona is a great tourist stop. Make sure to stop at "The Coffee Pot" for breakfast - home of 101 omelots. Red Rock Cafe in Oak Creek Village is great for lunch. Oak creek canyon north of Sedona towards Flagstaff is a great ride during the week (weekends are crowded with traffic) 89A from Sedona to Jerome then on to Prescott then Congress will give you plenty of curves to play on. Making a big loop from Sedona to Flagstaff, then Lake Mary's Road to Happy Jack, Verde Valle and Cottonwood will fill up a day as well. As for AZ 191 - thats way on teh east side of the state. From Sedona to Alpine it's about 250 miles by way of Payson (the scenic route) but worth the time and trouble as it' has been repeatedly lableed the curviest road in the the lower 48. I'll be leading a group ride up 191 on June 8t ( ride to Alpine on June 7, ride down he New Mexico side then back up the 191 to alpine on the 8th and back to Prescott on the 9 - feel free to join in if you care to and it works out with your time table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts