Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Wow. I'm no forensics expert, but the fact that you have that much damage on both sides tells me you either bounced on one side, then the other, or.....tried to ride a three foot wide bike through a two foot wide hole. What the heck happened?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was cut off by a truck who returned to his lane after hitting me, I stayed up and was next to him when the vehicle in front of me decided to apply his brakes for no apparent reason so I then bounced off of him and still managed to stay up, all within about 2 seconds. A witness behind saw the whole thing and said that I was definitely cut off.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Are you going to try and rebuild it yourself, what did the insurance say?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Sedona103 sorry to hear about being cut off.
I know exactly how you feel.
Same happened to me back in March.
Glad that you are okay as the bike can always be fixed.
Hope all works out in your favor.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As others have said MOST important is you are okay! Now is a perfect opportunity to redo it like you want it. Hopefully insurance company will make this as easy as possible.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Im surprised the insurance didnt total it? The way the crash bar is mangled, its mounts are surely bent which is usually the death blow. "Bent frame" and it gets totalled

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. As of right now I am waiting for the insurance company to approve the dealers estimate and cut me the check. The frame is actually straight but the crash bar definitely did it's job and bent at all the right places. My plans going forward are to ditch the lower fairings, add the fbi drop seat kit with extended tank/ side covers, extended bags and rear fender, 21" front wheel with stock style fender lowered with the racetech front end kit and continue to black everything out. I will basically have this thing stripped to the frame and built back up when everything is said and done. The adjusters estimate was for $6,400 and the dealers was for $12,600 so I might be waiting a little while still for the approval.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Glad you are ok and look forward to following your build.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yesterday's progress.

The junk pile so far.

Tonight's tear down.

Good news is that the adjuster came by today and I should be receiving a check in a few days. I am trying to get my parts list together and sourcing prices so that I am ready to start buying when the deposit hits my account.

·
Registered
391 Posts
"Sedona103, Road Glide. A motorcycle barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic Road Glide. Sedona103 will be that bike. We can make it better than it was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Sorry - 70's flashback and Scotch...this is what you get! In all seriousness, glad you survived the accident unscathed. I hope you're able to get everything up and running and better than before!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sounds like excellent plans so far. Good luck on the build. Definitely following along. With an est of 12,600 from the stealer. I'm surprised the insurance company isn't just trashing it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They more than likely will, then make you do a salvage by back.hope not because then you end up with a salvage title, you put all the work into it and then they won't insure it. I sure hope they don't pull that crap on him. All the best. Can't wait to see the build.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
They more than likely will, then make you do a salvage by back.hope not because then you end up with a salvage title, you put all the work into it and then they won't insure it. I sure hope they don't pull that crap on him. All the best. Can't wait to see the build.
That would suck hind tit.... Hope it doesn't go that way!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts