Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have an aftermarket head unit that you can see the display in the daylight like the HK unit. I've tried a few with no luck. I've tried to find a thread on this, also with no luck. This has probably been addressed before. Oh, and I don't want to spend my life savings for it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Supposedly the alpine BT149 is the best based on my research

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Jensen and can see it just fine in the sun as long as I don't wear polarized sun glasses. The radio itself was sort of expensive, but I installed it in 30 minutes and did not need any adapters or wiring harnesses. The handlebar controls work too.

The polarized glasses thing frustrates me, but it is what it is...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Can you see me now?

I had the Alpine 149BT on my 1998 RG that I sold a few months ago. It was pretty good during the day. You had options of what colors you wanted and also contrast, also had a dimmer on it. I was really happy with it and it had just about every option you could want too. If my new one didn't have this entertainment system on it, I would put one of those on it. Hope that helps.
Nick

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Probably the Jensen HD1BT. Simple install no need for a interface for hand controls. The only negative for me is the display. Kind of small and with polarized lenses it looks blank. Do a search on here there are several posts on it. Some like it some don't. Overall I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
Alpine Bt149. You can see it perfectly on most times of the day except when the sun is right over your back. Even then its more of an angle thing than a wash out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.