Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're doing a 114 upgrade on a dealer bike. The cam lobes are so gradual it looks odd. Theirs nothing about them that looks normal. Almost like a perfect egg shape. The oil pump is massive. But the one for water cooling is a lot smaller they said. Shouldn't have a tap issue with the top end. They redesigned the mounts. The bolt now goes through the rod that the rocker arm is on. Not the plate with the rod passing through them. That was nice to see. You have to lift the tank to change the plugs and need the special tool to remove the boots and plugs. Don know why they didn't do it like the guys back in the day with dual plug heads. Possibly the extra set of valves are in the way. But it was cool getting to see it all.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I can tell ya the motor is dead quite. And the one I rode was the last ride of the HD demo, so it was hot on a 91 degree day. Plus all the knuckleheads, me included, beat on them ;)
With Fuel Moto having one to research with, Iam betting it will not be long until Bobby Woods has something for them........LOL

It will take the aftermarket sometime to catch up, but when they do, Look out:grin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got gear-drive cams in my Softail, and the top end of my '15 'Glide sounds dead-quiet at idle compared to that beast.

I sure like the science behind the new M8, and hope- for the sake of all early adopters, that they nailed it on the first try.

Happy Labor Day to all!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The entire aftermarket "manufacturing" facilities are in full swing to have gear drives, oil pumps, plates, lifters, pushrods, cams, heads, cylinders, tuners, etc, etc, available soon.
We are looking forward to that.
Scott

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The entire aftermarket "manufacturing" facilities are in full swing to have gear drives, oil pumps, plates, lifters, pushrods, cams, heads, cylinders, tuners, etc, etc, available soon.
We are looking forward to that.
Scott
What's your take on the warranty issue now that Harley is calling for only SE EPA compliant parts? Will this hurt the aftermarket while guys wait out the 2 year warranty? Or will there be an acceptable EPA compliant aftermarket selection?

·
Registered
612 Posts
What's your take on the warranty issue now that Harley is calling for only SE EPA compliant parts? Will this hurt the aftermarket while guys wait out the 2 year warranty? Or will there be an acceptable EPA compliant aftermarket selection?

Until I see some testing done on them for quite some time and everything looks good I want that warranty in full effect. In the same breath I really want to say "If they want to be morons over a simple stage one than they can **** *** ". The thing is I really don't won't an m8 so it doesn't make a difference. I almost traded my 16 rgs in and after test rides and a lot of thinking I am glad I didn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts