Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the Sena 30k today. Figured I would start a topic on it. I'll start by saying I've had the SMH10 since it came out, I believe it's been 6 or 7 years. The 30 is definitely more refined and I see improvement in a lot of areas as far as style and the way the communication unit attaches to the base. So far I have 2 minor complaints.
1. The unit comes with a USB cord and a 12volt charger, no 110volt charger.
2. It comes with a quick start guide and instructs you to go to the Webb site or App for full user manual, when you go to the site the latest manual is for the 20.
Hopefully the 30 manual will be posted soon. My wife and I plan to go riding this weekend and test the intercom and other features. I'll be reporting back soon and look forward to hearing from anyone else who purchases the 30.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
523 Posts
Can't wait to hear your impressions!

The major improvement in the 30K is the Mesh Technology connection, that dramatically improves the ability to quickly pair with, and maintain the pairing, with multiple other bikes.

Just as an fyi, should you be using the new WHIM, the 30K is not a BOOM headset, so you will not get stereo or high def audio with the new WHIM. If you're just using it with your passenger, no issues at all.

Keep us posted!

Reactions: rider17

·
Registered
575 Posts
I got the 30K along with three other friends. The mesh doesn't work good at all. We had to turn ours off because it kept dropping one of us out of the conversation while riding for no reason and it didn't reconnect like it was supposed to. We also have trouble pairing sometimes for no apparent reason. I think once they come out with some more firmware updates they will be better but for now it seems the 20's work much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts