Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just installed the super tuner onto my 2005 RG. I only have a stage 1 setup at this point, thunderheader and Roland Sands Design a/c. when I loaded the base map last night, I didn't realize to click the "enable Smart tune reflash" box. I think this is my issue but am not sure.
I did use the Smart tune record feature on the VCI today and downloaded that recording to my laptop. Now, when I load the base map, according to the directions, I cannot get the smart tune option under the VE front and rear cylinder values.

At this point, I have no friggin idea what I did wrong or how to fix it. ANY help is appreciated at this point..:confused:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ok so I just installed the super tuner onto my 2005 RG. I only have a stage 1 setup at this point, thunderheader and Roland Sands Design a/c. when I loaded the base map last night, I didn't realize to click the "enable Smart tune reflash" box. I think this is my issue but am not sure.
I did use the Smart tune record feature on the VCI today and downloaded that recording to my laptop. Now, when I load the base map, according to the directions, I cannot get the smart tune option under the VE front and rear cylinder values.

At this point, I have no friggin idea what I did wrong or how to fix it. ANY help is appreciated at this point..:confused:
That sounds like your problem as best I can remember. Its been awhile since I retuned using the Smart Tune.

1st select your base tune and open your WORKING VE TABLE
2ND OPEN YOUR SMART TUNE TABLE
3RD CLICK ON ADD BUTTON
4TH CLICK ON GENERATE BUTTON
5TH CLICK ON UP DATE BUTTON
THEN SAVE FILE UNDER NEW NAME
RE-FLASH BIKE
DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE ADAPTIVE FUEL BOX AND THEN RE-FLASH. DO NOT CLICK ON SMART TUNE UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME MORE RUNS.

Usually before I re-flash I will open the VE tables as both a Table and Graph. Look for any outlaying value IE if you have a 115 surrounded by a bunch of 95 values or the opposite a low value surrounded by higher values I will spit the difference between the surrounding values. So in this case I would make the value a 105. That is an extreme example but I try to smooth the table as much as possible. Peaks and valleys are fine but it shouldn't look like the Grand Tetons. (Just my opinion.)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my problem right now, I cant open the Smart Tune option because it doesn't show up. I think I will Take another ride and make another recording and start from scratch..

·
Registered
723 Posts
That's my problem right now, I cant open the Smart Tune option because it doesn't show up. I think I will Take another ride and make another recording and start from scratch..
Is your VCI blinking when you make your runs?

Are you hitting the button BEFORE turning the bike off. Turning it from blinking to solid. If not you loose the info.

If it is fully red you VCI is full and needs to be loaded. If not blinking it is not recording.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes. the LED was blinking on the VCI as I was riding. I did pull over after about 45 minutes to get gas and pressed the button on the VCI BEFORE I shut the bike off which made it solid red. when I got home, I disconnected it from the bike before connecting it to my laptop. The file it downloaded was an .hdx file but all of the canned maps are .dt0 don't know if I didn't record long enough or if I shouldn't have unplugged the VCI from the bike before hooking to the laptop...

I obviously did something wrong though..lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
or if I shouldn't have unplugged the VCI from the bike before hooking to the laptop...

I obviously did something wrong though..lol
That may be your problem. I always download while still connected to the bike. It has to have a power source the lap top does not power it up

Try hooking it back to the bike. turn the bike on and download to laptop then turn bike off

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..I may not get to it till tomorrow or Thursday but I will keep you posted. I really appreciate the input...HD isn't big on tutorials.

·
Registered
723 Posts
In your home screen do you have these buttons. The How to Smart Tune Button has good directions. Also under Tech Tips you can look up Manual and it tells you how to download the manual and print it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts