Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our August winner - @Crash2018
Post of his bike entry details: August BOTM

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,282 Posts
Welcome to the August Bike of the Month Competition!

View attachment 431101

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

WTF? Just one pic and no write up? What's going on here? I really like what I see in this one pic, but don't understand why only 1 picture and how does this on picture qualify without an accompanying write up. This goes against the rules, which are stated directly below it. Not sure if the winner didn't submit the full required package or if @MCAdmin had a brain fart and didn't post it all. Please review and bring the info up to minimum spec. Thanks.

Reactions: ironmark

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
@Uncle Fuzzy , you mean like this?

2018 Road Glide Special: 21" enforcer wheel, Klockwerks Wrapper fender, Legends AXEO21 cartridges, LA Choppers Kage Fighters, La Choppers pull back plate, Klockwerks 9" Black windshield, 1FNGR adjustable levers, Arlen Ness mini stocker mirrors, ODI Hart grips, JD custom fab stainless hand guards, Jim Nasi dash, Joker Machine Gas cap, 13th cult tank emblems, Vance and Hines Air Filter, Bassani Road Rage 3 exhaust, Vance and Hines FP3, Saddleman Step up tuck and roll seat, Screamin Speed and Fab side covers, Legends 13" Revo - A 18' enforcer rear wheel, Custom Pelican Tour Pack, Thrashin Supply and Arlen ness foot controls, Added rear bag guards, Chopped Mullet light, Continental Conti-Tour tires.

Just recently took a 1k in a day around Texas and New Mexico. Ended up with 1200 miles in 20 hours. Took me by a couple Harley stores, the Diner from Wild Hogs, and the Cadillac Ranch.

View attachment 430255 View attachment 430256 View attachment 430257

• Haha
Reactions: Zedbra and Oclaf

·
10,282 Posts
Exactly! Hmmmm. Great looking bike, I like the pipe, who's is it? Nice clean look overall.

·
10,282 Posts
@Uncle Fuzzy , you mean like this?
So where did you find that. I looked at the announcement post 3 times and didn't see anything but the one pic. Oh gawd, the time has come, I've finally lost my mind completely!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
If you click on the link I quoted it take you to the August BOTM and that's his entry. When they anounce the winner the next month they use a pic from the original post. Next....:cool:

Reactions: Oclaf

·
10,282 Posts
So I guess I just need to go find his original submitting info. Does it seem odd to anyone else that the announcement of who wins doesn't contain the required 3 pics and the write up by the owner? It would save folks from having to go back and find the original info. I know when I look at the winners picture I always find something on the bike that sends me back to the write up to see what brand or model of some part I like.

·
10,282 Posts
If you click on the link I quoted it take you to the August BOTM and that's his entry. When they anounce the winner the next month they use a pic from the original post. Next....:cool:
Thank you Doctor!

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
10,282 Posts
pipe is a bassani road rage 3.
Thanks. I love the look of the side dump shorties, but pretty much everyone I know that has run one says they have issues with the exhaust pulse, too loud, etc. How loud is the Bassani? From my sport bike and sport touring bike days I think I remember them being one of the louder pipes, but that doesn't mean they're still making 'em that way today.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,708 Posts
WTF? Just one pic and no write up? What's going on here? I really like what I see in this one pic, but don't understand why only 1 picture and how does this on picture qualify without an accompanying write up. This goes against the rules, which are stated directly below it. Not sure if the winner didn't submit the full required package or if @MCAdmin had a brain fart and didn't post it all. Please review and bring the info up to minimum spec. Thanks.
You have to follow the previous month's thread to know/vote for the winning bike. However, I agree, I think the write-up should be included in the announcement for the next month.

Oh - congrats @Crash2018

·
Premium Member
2018 Harley Road Glide Special FLTRXS
6 Posts
Thanks. I love the look of the side dump shorties, but pretty much everyone I know that has run one says they have issues with the exhaust pulse, too loud, etc. How loud is the Bassani? From my sport bike and sport touring bike days I think I remember them being one of the louder pipes, but that doesn't mean they're still making 'em that way today.
The sound is great. The mid length pipe definitely helps the decibels for the rider. Its not noticeably louder than any other exhaust. But I’m the one riding it and not behind it.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Reactions: Crash2018

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I was thinking that it would be nice for @MCAdmin to include the link to the winners post, making it easier to find the whole post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the August Bike of the Month Competition!

View attachment 431101

Post of his bike entry details: August BOTM

·
Registered
15 Posts
September 21 BOM hope this right location. If not I figure you will let me know lol.
2020 HD FLTRK LIMITED, Klockweks smoked 15”, Custom Dynamics lighting front/rear and tour pack, Russel Day-long touring saddle, Ciro highway pegs, Kraus T Bar setup with Oberon adjustable hand controls, Legend Axios and Revo suspension, S&S 465C Cam chest with S&S Power Duals and 45 mufflers dyno tuned 98HP/128 torque (4th gear pull) Screaming Eagle auto tune, Fueling vented dipstick, HorsePower V2 air cleaner with bypass, Rockford Fosgate speakers and amp, Kuryaken tour pack extension, Rickrack go pro fairing mount. Aug 3rd she was 1 years old and have been to 26 states since then. Every ride is special cant pick a favorite. About the only thing left is a Native bagger rushmore front fat tire kit which will happen soon. Hope ya’ll like ol’ Ruby.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I would like to enter it the Sept. BOTM.

Here is my 2017 Road Glide Special. I just bought this from a HD dealer in Quebec Canada. The bike is mostly stock I got the dealer to put on Vance N Hines Pipes and a stage one kit. I had the bike shipped to Edmonton Alberta Canada where it was dropped off at Baker Boyz Design for some paint and airbrushing. My Design but Shane's talent. The man is amazing and talented. I wanted a great white shark skeleton down the sides, a mermaid on the front fender and left it up to Shane if the shark killed the mermaid or the mermaid ate the shark. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Jim
Vehicle Automotive lighting Light Blue Motor vehicle
Azure Liquid Fluid Aqua Gas
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Azure Liquid Fluid Aqua Gas

Vehicle Automotive lighting Light Blue Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 49 Posts