Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some serious 131" numbers, 170hp/155tq, definitely find the weak parts...

Star 585 cam
D&d big bore
Frankenstein monster heads
64mm throttle body
7.0 injectors
Darkhorse flywheel balancer removed

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell no, just one I came across online. My arms would definitely be longer riding that raped ape. Amazed at what a street bagger can put out these days.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Take it up a notch with a Fueling 3cyl., 180hp/200tq.

If Birdie puts this out on the showroom floor, this is the direction @Bruce00 is heading...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Comp has to be Darkhorse or you’re looking for trouble. Fly wheel has to be S&S or darkhorse.

As for the gear box…. Debatable. I’m over 160 with my build and it’s fine. I just don’t bang on it down low.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Nice.... it would be fun but I don't see a reason for the problems it would cause. It would be in the garage getting fixed as much as riding it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,333 Posts

If Birdie puts this out on the showroom floor, this is the direction @Bruce00 is heading...

Fueling got my money on a set of 4 valve shovelheads, many years ago. I'll pass on one of those.
There are more than you can count on one hand, M8's naturaly aspirated that top 200 rwhp on the streets of the US.
I've heard a rumor that Trask is working on a turbo'd 131 that is suppose to be in the 300 range for the Hogs Gone Wild racing series...Once the bugs (there will be many) of the forced induction 4 valve M8's are worked out, they are gonna turn the world on its head :D
Every 131 built in a dealers shop offers 120-125 rwhp, thats a fully warrantied, EPA motor. For a Harley, thats not a bad deal
A tune and exhaust will put it in the mid 130's rwhp, add a cam/injectors and a proper dyno tune from a "real" tuner and your at 150rwhp without all the expensive hp parts.......
As long as you refrain from burnouts and power shifting your drivetrain/belt will survive, but know that bone stock M8's are breaking the factory comp sprocket

A sign I saw many years ago said, "Speed Costs.....How Fast Do You Wanna Go?"

Having said all that, I replaced my factory comp sprocket and clutch basket with some nice billet pieces
My bike is being loaded into a borrowed trailer this morning to go have my Star Racing cam, a set of 7.8 injectors and a dyno tune from Dave @JD's Cycle in Pa this morning.
This time next week I hope to be in the 150/150 club

Gotta roll!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Oh, and want to add.....A Baker Grudge trans isn't the answer either. There a guy thats on his 3rd one, Baker has warrantied all of them, but he bitchin the labor costs are killing him😂
He rides his built 131 cross county, but has a hot-shoe who races it for him.....

I driven other race cars of people I've know and your harder on those, than you would be your own:D

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fueling got my money on a set of 4 valve shovelheads, many years ago. I'll pass on one of those.
There are more than you can count on one hand, M8's naturaly aspirated that top 200 rwhp on the streets of the US.
I've heard a rumor that Trask is working on a turbo'd 131 that is suppose to be in the 300 range for the Hogs Gone Wild racing series...Once the bugs (there will be many) of the forced induction 4 valve M8's are worked out, they are gonna turn the world on its head :D
Every 131 built in a dealers shop offers 120-125 rwhp, thats a fully warrantied, EPA motor. For a Harley, thats not a bad deal
A tune and exhaust will put it in the mid 130's rwhp, add a cam/injectors and a proper dyno tune from a "real" tuner and your at 150rwhp without all the expensive hp parts.......
As long as you refrain from burnouts and power shifting your drivetrain/belt will survive, but know that bone stock M8's are breaking the factory comp sprocket

A sign I saw many years ago said, "Speed Costs.....How Fast Do You Wanna Go?"

Having said all that, I replaced my factory comp sprocket and clutch basket with some nice billet pieces
My bike is being loaded into a borrowed trailer this morning to go have my Star Racing cam, a set of 7.8 injectors and a dyno tune from Dave @JD's Cycle in Pa this morning.
This time next week I hope to be in the 150/150 club

Gotta roll!
You rock! I like your style, retire with your pants on fire. Next you'll be headed to Englishtown then Bonneville. 🍋 🍋 🍋

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
784 Posts

Excellent reference to the Fueling's 3 cyl motor developed by Mr Fueling Who left his position as a Porsche engineer before his untimely passing . The motor was installed and featured in a Corey Ness build that I believe put Arlen‘s son clearly in the lime light.It was Fueling’s what could be engineering that led this H-D enthusiast to include Fueling oil system components in my bigger builds.Fueling is the gold standard that remains unmatched https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/a1/52/8fa1522efd1e0be4c1a23fa937d1ee87.jpg
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
251 Posts
Harleys 131's are a horrible deal producing stage 2 power for stage 4 money. Just to keep warrenty. But people defend them saying add a cam and new tuner to get 150. What's the point of going a kit if U need to replace parts.

Harley made a 131r so they can do it.

I'm not really sure how much more can be done with the m8 there are already proven recpies for 200rwhp na & 300+ forced.

Both are quickly getting out of touch price wise.

Let alone the extra costs needed to beef up other components.

A good stage 2 pushing 130 is great value and where most people should stop.

Once U start splitting and boring cases it adds up fast. To get 140ci±

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Harleys 131's are a horrible deal producing stage 2 power for stage 4 money. Just to keep warrenty. But people defend them saying add a cam and new tuner to get 150. What's the point of going a kit if U need to replace parts.

I'm not really sure how much more can be done with the m8 there are already proven recpies for 200rwhp na & 300+ forced.

LMAO, yeah its a horrible deal to have a 120+rwhp bike that you can ride anywhere across the country and have it serviced at a dealer, which in the US, are everywhere.
You may find it hard to believe, but some people like to fuk with things......

As with anything in life, your costs may vary.......I got MY 131 out the door for the cost of a stage 2 or whatever your referring too. With winter, dealers were giving huge discounts, add in Covid shutdowns, they were willing to do anything to keep their employees working

You say, a "good" stage 2 pushing 130 is a great value and where most people should stop.
Comparing an EPA legal motor to a built stage 2.... is apples to oranges, not comparable
Well, thanks for "your opinion", but Iam not like most people

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
You rock! I like your style, retire with your pants on fire. Next you'll be headed to Englishtown then Bonneville. 🍋 🍋 🍋
LOL, naw.....but I did work the Harley booth at Englishtown during the SummerNationals for 3 yrs, until my local dealer sold his dealership. It was nice to be friends with the owner.
Ride into the pits, park your bike behind the booth, work 30 minutes, then sneak out for a beer and watch the action on track...then come back and hang with the eye candy :D :D :D :D
Jeans Smile Trousers Muscle Product

Closest I've Been to a 19 yr old in 45 years:p:p

·
Registered
251 Posts
120rwhp is a great ammount of power, if they had great deals on the 131 they would of also had great deals on a stage 2.
Im just saying going to stage 4 and getting 120's is a bit average considering a good stage 2 can do that.

1 of my m8's is 131/148 other is 150+/150+ its just the fact that if you are doing the work you want the numbers.

I admit EPA has there balls but im also sure next to no one cares about the EPA, warranty yes may be an issue for some but there are aftermarket warranty's, plus how many times do you hear about HD trying to screw over customers over small things.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
784 Posts

Agreed once you go this route it becomes endless, the big inch pro builds are much more than CI and HP virtually ALL the systems need upgrading as well. My current 2020 RGS I did a stage 2 tq cam set up and it’s a lot more fun than stock and well with in the specs of stock or modest suspension And drive line.I know there is an adage going around “ stock sucks ,”
mine is ” sitting on the side of the road in the rain from a broke motor sucks”

·
Registered
784 Posts
LOL, naw.....but I did work the Harley booth at Englishtown during the SummerNationals for 3 yrs, until my local dealer sold his dealership. It was nice to be friends with the owner.
Ride into the pits, park your bike behind the booth, work 30 minutes, then sneak out for a beer and watch the action on track...then come back and hang with the eye candy :D :D :D :D
View attachment 435384

Closest I've Been to a 19 yr old in 45 years:p:p
I don’t remember them looking like that 45 years ago!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts