Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
BUMP UP!

I need some info about Harley's SERT. I am going to be putting a set of cams in a buddies cyclops this winter. He has an 2007 EG Ultra. It has a stage I, V&H twin slash ovals and a Screaming Eagle Intake.

When he bought the bike used, it came with a SERT disc and that's it. What else do we need to flash the ECM and make the necessary changes because of the cam change?

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
With the HD SERT some mild performance stage I or stage II mods can be done without the need for a dyno tune. When going to a Stage III or IV you will need dyno tuning. A Stage II dyno tune may be desireable if you want the best overall performance .

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If he doesn't have the dongle (the plastic thing with connectors on 2 ends) he doesn't have squat. Must have that piece, that's what interfaces to the ECM.

Only way to get one is to pay full price in which case I would not buy the HD SERT and would either go TTS or Dynojet (powercommander or powervision). Personally I would stick with flash tuner because I prefer not having a bunch of extra wiring under the seat.

·
Registered
723 Posts
All the above are correct, However I was able to buy a dongle separately. Looking for a link but haven't been able to find it. There are some listed on Ebay.

If you have the disk there are 2 cables and a box that you need.

1st cord connects from the SERT to a small box with a button on it and a LED light. The connection is ususually made in the right side cover.

2nd piece is the box. some are black some are orange, Depending on which tuner it is. This is the box that connects between the cord plugged into the bike and the computer.

3rd is the cord that connect on the opposite side of the box to the laptop.

I had the box and I was able to get the cables from a HD dealer on Ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts