Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to pick up an HD service manual at a good price for my 2011 RG custom?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zanotti motors part #99483-11 or your dealer but zanottis is a lot cheaper.
Thanks. $45.50 doesn't sound too bad. I'm sure HD charges more. I see its listed as a 2011 Touring Service Manual, rather than a manual specific to the Road Glide. I'll assume its good for the 96 and 103 engines.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Check Lakeshore HD also. The price will be the same, but LSHD's shipping is usually cheaper than Zanotti.

After you get it, take it to Kinko's and have it spiral bound. It only costs only about $5 and makes the manual MUCH easier to use.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Check Lakeshore HD also. The price will be the same, but LSHD's shipping is usually cheaper than Zanotti.

After you get it, take it to Kinko's and have it spiral bound. It only costs only about $5 and makes the manual MUCH easier to use.
Wow never thought of that. Good idea.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Tek74, that $45.50 sounds good. I paid $55.00 for mine at HD. have them give you a shipping rate.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Chicago Harley Davidson or Surdyke Harley Davidson also give a discount, the only problem that I have with Zannotti's is there service is slow, they usually don't have allot of stock and the shipping/handling prices are somewhat high.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Chicago Harley Davidson or Surdyke Harley Davidson also give a discount, the only problem that I have with Zannotti's is there service is slow, they usually don't have allot of stock and the shipping/handling prices are somewhat high.
I have found the opposite. Zanottis has always been fast and has had the cheapest shipping. I compare on everything I order on line and so far since 2004 I have gotten the best from Zanottis. The nice think about Zanotis is you can see if they have the part in stock or if it is a backordered item.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have found the opposite. Zanottis has always been fast and has had the cheapest shipping. I compare on everything I order on line and so far since 2004 I have gotten the best from Zanottis. The nice think about Zanotis is you can see if they have the part in stock or if it is a backordered item.
Sorry I guess it's just been my luck, I didn't mean to come across as bad mouthing them, just relaying on my pass several orders with them. Of course I can be in the grocery store and go to the check-out with the shortest line and be the last one to leave. Or as my favorite saying goes; "I couldn't get lucky in a woman's prison with two cartons of cigarettes & a box of hersey bars"

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
go to websites we like, I put a link on there to a place that sales them over the internet, you can email them will special request, I bought a 2011 service and parts manuel on cd + they gave me an instant link to down load both to my computer for $40, these are not bootlegged copies, it's a legitimate site and the quality is excellant

·
Registered
68 Posts
As with all my bikes I've had, I've always bought the factory service manual, and I did so with the latest (The FLTRU). Of course, the service manual contains info for all the touring models, it's not unique to just the Road Glide. And then there's the other half, the "2011 H-D Electrical Diagnostic Manual for Touring Models," p/n 99497-11, which contains quite a wealth of info for these complicated monsters -- it's almost as big as the service manual. These things have become so dang complicated, it's to the point of giving up on my back-yard mechanic practice. Glad I got the extended warranty; I donwanna work on this one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just picked up my service manual from the dealer yesterday. I have no plans to crack my engine or do other major work, but I do really like to know how things go together, and I have to say I am impressed with the clarity and comprehensiveness of the book. Much better than some of the metric SMs I have had in the past.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts