Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll eventually make it to the dealership to ask the following questions with the hope that I'll get straight answers from the parts guys...but in the meantime I'll also ask the questions here 'cuz I'm betting one or some of you are actually using this tuner and will provide me with answers based on experience, not sales. BTW to keep this thread from being cluttered with other (and I'm sure useful) information, I do not want to turn this into an SESPT vs other tuners thread, thank you. ;)

1) Is the SESPT a plug and play tuner?

2) Does it self adjust for altitude? (I could very well ride from sea-level on up to 6000ft and beyond on any of my planned roadtrips.)

3) I know it gets married to my bike and only my bike, but does it need to stay connected to the bike when in daily use to reap its benefits or just when being tuned by a competent dyno-tuner/technician?

4) I'm presently running slip-ons, an AC kit, and stock cat-headers. Will the SESPT self-adjust when I bolt on no-cat headers? Or will it have to be dyno-tuned again?

5) How is/are the tune(s) stored when using the SESPT...internally or with an external device?

6) Since I'm not very computer savvy (thus these questions), how difficult is it to revert back to the Stage1 that the dealership installed at delivery?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to educate this tuner neophyte :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone using or has had experience with HD's SESPT?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I use it on mine great tuner you do not have to leave it hooked up and still covered by HD warranty you do have to have a laptop if you're going to do your own tune but I would recommend you take it somewhere and have it done on the dyno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts