Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LARGEST wildlife to have ever made it through my top vent directly into my face. I didn't see it until I heard it hit the vent. Must have been a large grasshopper or dragonfly. It hit across BOTH my nose and mouth. Didn't see feathers so assume it wasn't a crow or eagle.
Really glad I didn't have my mouth open : )

STILL it was a good ride!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The LARGEST wildlife to have ever made it through my top vent directly into my face. I didn't see it until I heard it hit the vent. Must have been a large grasshopper or dragonfly. It hit across BOTH my nose and mouth. Didn't see feathers so assume it wasn't a crow or eagle.
Really glad I didn't have my mouth open : )

STILL it was a good ride!
did it splat or thump?
glad you made it back in one piece.

·
Registered
58 Posts
once, many years ago, I ran into a swarm of bees while riding my Z1 Kawasaki. full face helmet and jacket kept them off of me, but I was picking dead bees out of the cooling fins for a year afterwards

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,814 Posts
Down here we get the "curse of the Love bugs" once a year. It just happened about 3 weeks ago. Sticky little critters are hard to wash off if they sit in the Florida sun for a couple of days.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Down here we get the "curse of the Love bugs" once a year. It just happened about 3 weeks ago. Sticky little critters are hard to wash off if they sit in the Florida sun for a couple of days.
Their remains would eat through the paint in the 80s. Do people still put screens on their grill during the season? I was driving a step van through Deltona and the wipers were no longer affective at cleaning the bugs off the windshield forcing me to pull over and manually clean it.

I remember riding in 1/2 helmet with no shield and having to lay on the tank and look between the speedo and tach feeling them pelt my legs and fingers.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was riding to Leesburg on Sunday and I felt something hit my right leg and it stung pretty good when it hit...when I got there there were yellow and white bug guts smeared from hell to breakfast down the side of the bike. I've got no idea what it was, but I got all of it lol.

The absolute worst was when I was riding out in East Carolina and got smashed in the throat by a junebug doing about 80. Had to pull over and stop because I couldn't breathe. My buddy couldn't figure out what was wrong with me until I could speak again lol.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,814 Posts
The absolute worst was when I was riding out in East Carolina and got smashed in the throat by a junebug doing about 80. Had to pull over and stop because I couldn't breathe. My buddy couldn't figure out what was wrong with me until I could speak again lol.

I feel your pain. When I was about 17, my uncle bought a new 650 BSA Lightning and one Saturday a.m. I went over to visit and to try out his new bike. I had never ridden anything that fast before so as soon as I came across a straight stretch I started to crank on it just to feel that acceleration (keep in mind I was riding a 250 Yamaha Enduro in those days). At about 70 mph a June bug caught me square in the forehead, more or less right between the eyes. I had all I could do to get the bike pulled to the shoulder and get the kick stand down as I thought for sure I was going to pass out. My vision got very fuzzy around the edges but after 5 minutes everything was back to normal so all's well that ended well.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hilarious! I did the same thing when I was a teen on a Honda. A June bug hit me square in the chest at about 60 mph. Hurt so bad I pulled off the road to see if I was bleeding!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was riding to Leesburg on Sunday and I felt something hit my right leg and it stung pretty good when it hit...when I got there there were yellow and white bug guts smeared from hell to breakfast down the side of the bike. I've got no idea what it was, but I got all of it lol.

I hit a cloud of "yellow bug guts" critters riding through Kansas. It felt like I was riding through a car wash, except this was a car "yellow bug guts" wash. My windshield was coated yellow as was most of the front of my body. When I stopped at the next gas station my bike was completely stained yellow except for a relatively clean shadow of my body and head on the passenger's back rest.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hit a cloud of "yellow bug guts" critters riding through Kansas. It felt like I was riding through a car wash, except this was a car "yellow bug guts" wash. My windshield was coated yellow as was most of the front of my body. When I stopped at the next gas station my bike was completely stained yellow except for a relatively clean shadow of my body and head on the passenger's back rest.
Here's a pic of what I looked like, just saying!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts