Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys: I need some input here. I own 2011 RGC, I modified it by removing the CAT and adding Wild Pig slip on mufflers.
First Fact gas millage dropped. Second fact people following says that its running extremely rich (I guess they are drinking my gas ) hahah. I just purchased a Stage 1 air filter kit from HD and I’m asking. If I install this kit would I need the download or would I need a race tuner. Is it abnormal to run rich after you reduced back pressure by removing the CAT ? Would adding the air filter add air and reduce the richness of it ?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
you should use a tuner regardless if you are rich or lean as both are not good. Are you sure you did not get your O2 sensors switched around? Black connector goes to the rear header grey to front. less back pressure should not make you go rich unless your sensors are really confused.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check again but im pretty sure I put them back the way that they came out. Does a reduction in gas milage and the complaints of raw gas from following riders mean that its running rich ?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I will check again but im pretty sure I put them back the way that they came out. Does a reduction in gas milage and the complaints of raw gas from following riders mean that its running rich ?
maybe but with an afr test just a guess. General consensus is that most mods to free up breathing cause lean issues not rich but your ecm will try and keep your afr at 14.6 or close to it so if you are indeed rich it is because something is fooling your ecm and your O2 sensors are not giving correct feed back to the ecm. pull your trouble codes and see if you are throwing any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts