Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be surprised if this hasn't been covered here, a time or two, but please forgive the new guy. I'd like to install the SG rear fascia and and tri-bar light on my 2013 RG Ultra, but I don't know if it will fit.

Anyone have any experience with this project? If it's located someone else, I appreciate some direction finding it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
PHere's a thread. There are others. Its easy. Just make sure you get the tri bar for a 2009. Here's a pic of mine. http://www.hdforums.com/g/picture/777286

I added a custom dynamics led laydown taillight and turn signals with their controller. Now the signals, lay down taillight and tribal all are synced as run turn brake and have the same flash pattern. Lots of light.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?p=433367

Give Jon at horny toad hd a call and he'll fix you up on parts.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If you buy the tri bar light for your year bike it should be plug n play. Also to let you know, the way the fascia is attached is by bolts through the fender. Some choose to use double sided tape but bolting it is the stock original way. I installed it by drilling holes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did mine last year, and very simple. I did not drill mine, I used double sided tape. No problems and many have done it this way on this site, look for threads.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
It's really not that difficult to drill. Mask off the fender where the fascia sits on it, have someone hold it in place while you mark the hole locations Where you masked off. Slide a piece of wood or similar in between the fender and tire so you don't puncture the tire and to firm up the fender while drilling. It really is easy and I'd recommend doing it this way as it's the factory method

·
Registered
283 Posts
You should find all info on this forum including a detailed parts list. I had it done to my RGU last year. Great looking mod too, looks finished now. I had HD do the work and provided the parts list from this forum. I didn't care for the tape idea mine is drilled.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I did the mod on mine by following the thread on this forum. Very straightforward. I did drill my fender. Marked it with a centerpunch and used masking tape to protect the surrounding paint. This may go without saying, but shove a scrap of plywood between the fender and tire.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'll be surprised if this hasn't been covered here, a time or two, but please forgive the new guy. I'd like to install the SG rear fascia and and tri-bar light on my 2013 RG Ultra, but I don't know if it will fit.

Anyone have any experience with this project? If it's located someone else, I appreciate some direction finding it.
I just saw this. I installed the detachable Tour Pak, moved the CB and Radio antennas inside the fairing and installed the rear fascia. Here is the link with my thread showing my install with pictures. I included the part numbers in the first post for the install. I used the Turn Signal bar from a '09 Road King. I didn't like the "Bullet" style signal bar. This moved the plate under the signals without using the Harley plate mount in their detach kit. .

·
Registered
830 Posts
It has been covered here, over and over again....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts