Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a Shark Evoline 3 from a friend who wore it twice and decided it wasn't for him. It fits me great and it is nice to have a modular again!

My only disappointment is that it doesn't have a pinlock face shield. I've looked around a little and can't figure out if there is an aftermarket pinlock capable face shield that would work. Do any of you who own this lid know of one? Or can you attest to how bad I can expect the fogging to be?

Also, I'd really love to put a yellow drop down sun visor in the helmet instead of the grey tinted one. Once again, no luck in finding that either.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have this helmet and have searched for a pin lock as well. I don't believe they are made for the Evoline. It will fog up in the rain. Polishing the shield with shaving cream helps. Apply, let dry and buff out. Redo as needed. Sounds crazy, but it helps.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I emailed them about it fogging up and asked if they had or would be making a pinlock. Be said they do not get complaints like mine and no plans on making a pinlock. I think there's a yellow shield. I k ow there's different shades for the outer shield.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
When it's raining, and going slow / sitting, I open the shield about 1/4 inch, no fogging... At speed I ride with the shield fully closed, no fogging... I don't miss having a pinlock shield on the E3

·
Registered
521 Posts
The E3 does not have the pinlock. It has been implemented in the new model, called EVO ONE, that also improved the top ventilation (really insufficient in the previous models)
I already had all the previous model of this helmet, they were all great but I’m considering to pass to EVO ONE that looks to be a far better helmet.
The good point of the shark evo (any model) is that is the only one I know to be homologated for both open and close position, all the other modular are not homologated to ride when open. ( potential insurance issue in case of crash)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only rode with it once, and it seemed pretty quiet and comfortable. But it was an absolute joy to have pinlock on my previous helmet. They just work like a champ!

I could not find anything about a yellow tinted sun visor. Not even a clear one that I could put yellow tinting over :(

Next step is to try to fit my Sena 20S into this helmet. That should be interesting.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I've only rode with it once, and it seemed pretty quiet and comfortable. But it was an absolute joy to have pinlock on my previous helmet. They just work like a champ!

I could not find anything about a yellow tinted sun visor. Not even a clear one that I could put yellow tinting over :(

Next step is to try to fit my Sena 20S into this helmet. That should be interesting.
This was all I could find.

https://www.revzilla.com/product/shark-evoline-2-2-st-3-st-face-shield

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shark-evoline-internal-sun-shield

Invision make a fog shield for it.
I'll be ordering the invision shield in the spring. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you finding the Invision shield insert for sale? Is it the same as the "Fog City Pro Shield"?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I have one on the way, but won't be able to test it out until next spring.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you get this yet?
I got it and then promptly lost it somewhere in my garage before ever installing it. lol It is around here somewhere!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I got it and then promptly lost it somewhere in my garage before ever installing it. lol It is around here somewhere!
Well find that damn thing. Lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just acquired a Shark Evoline 3 from a friend who wore it twice and decided it wasn't for him. It fits me great and it is nice to have a modular again!

My only disappointment is that it doesn't have a pinlock face shield. I've looked around a little and can't figure out if there is an aftermarket pinlock capable face shield that would work. Do any of you who own this lid know of one? Or can you attest to how bad I can expect the fogging to be?

Also, I'd really love to put a yellow drop down sun visor in the helmet instead of the grey tinted one. Once again, no luck in finding that either.
Hi did you find a pin lock for your helmet? I rode for total of 14 hrs in rain & totally fogged up. I need one. Doug

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Hi did you find a pin lock for your helmet? I rode for total of 14 hrs in rain & totally fogged up. I need one. Doug
I bought the stick on one. It works.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a stick-on pinlock that I purchased, but I misplaced it and never had a chance to try it out. I have since moved up to an Arai helmet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sooo...amusing story about yours truly and this helmet. I had my E3 for quite a few years now. Short hops here and there with it, but never long trips. Until last Sunday, when I had to go to Daytona for a couple of days of training. It's central FL in the summer. Its not if it rains but when. I don't always ride a helmet but do in the rain. The E3, in case you haven't noticed yet, is very "crown heavy", as I like to call it. After the 2nd hour, I started developing quite a hotspot over the top of my forehead. I adjusted and moved and fought with it all the way out there. Flash forward to the ride back. I get 6 miles out of Daytona, and here comes the downpour. Unsuccessfully fought the double zipper on the rain suit (fuck that thing, but that's another story) and ended up soaking wet anyway. Get a few more miles down the road, and the visor is fogging big time. Can't open the visor even slightly because the rain pours in and I can't see. Can't leave it closed because it fogs and I can't see. After a couple of miles of this shit, I pulled over knowing exactly what I had to do. I stopped the bike, climbed off, took the helmet off, grabbed it by the chin bar and threw it just as goddamned hard as I could into the treeline off the side of I95. Probably looked like a mad man.
Of course, having gotten a text from one of the shops here at home that my other replacement helmet had come in helped in making that decision, but I figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol That would have been something to see!!! I've thought of doing similar things before but never followed through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts