Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,943 Posts
Well, seeing that you live in Florida, you obviously wouldn't be going East or South! lol How long of a trip do you have planned and what's the eventual destination?

·
10,943 Posts
Fuzzy your to much. Can't remember me from last year. View attachment 441843
Once I saw that you lived in Florida a little bell went off in my mostly empty head, and I knew we had met at some point in the past year. So how far/long is your tripped planned for? I think you may have said something about this trip that would indicate that you were going to do some National Parks?

Reactions: Greg

·
10,943 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. If you haven't already done it, you should make reservations at your "Top 3" National Parks as I saw a news article about many of them being sold out of camping sites already. I lived in Colorado for 10+ years and rode all over the Rockies - the most gorgeous long view scenery anywhere! Just be extra alert about not taking your eyes off the road for more than a second or two, because sure as hell some mule deer, big horn sheep, small landslide of rocks strewn across most of the road - just out of sight around the next corner, etc. will make you pay. The equivalent here in Florida (don't laugh!) is riding your bike down through the keys on a beautiful slightly cloudy day. The amazing changes in the shades of green, blue, aqua of the water is memorizing, easy to get distracted.

Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy.

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
2,059 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. If you haven't already done it, you should make reservations at your "Top 3" National Parks as I saw a news article about many of them being sold out of camping sites already. I lived in Colorado for 10+ years and rode all over the Rockies - the most gorgeous long view scenery anywhere! Just be extra alert about not taking your eyes off the road for more than a second or two, because sure as hell some mule deer, big horn sheep, small landslide of rocks strewn across most of the road - just out of sight around the next corner, etc. will make you pay. The equivalent here in Florida (don't laugh!) is riding your bike down through the keys on a beautiful slightly cloudy day. The amazing changes in the shades of green, blue, aqua of the water is memorizing, easy to get distracted.

Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy.
I really thought you were going somewhere else with this, but maybe Hollywood has skewed my perception of what Florida is compared to reality 🤣

·
10,943 Posts
I really thought you were going somewhere else with this, but maybe Hollywood has skewed my perception of what Florida is compared to reality 🤣
I was just trying to make the point that riding the Rockies and riding down US Rte.1 through the Keys are similar in that they both offer such spectacular scenery that it's easy to get distracted for a few seconds and nothing good comes from that, especially on a bike.

Reactions: Ike Burns
1 - 20 of 22 Posts