Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks

Thank you JTB for pointing out the new rules. It answered some of my questions. Great site!
Dave:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Any movement reviving the SOTM? I see a bunch of nice sleds on here. Time to reward some of them!

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very little , I've gotten one pic here and there from time to time , but not like when it was going before .. When we started making different classes where everyone cud compete , whether stock or hi dollar , it kind of fell away . Some guys with nice mods felt they had no chance against someone who had lots of cash to throw in the ride , and the voting showed that .. So their response was why bother entering if they didn't stand a chance , but the classes didn't fly at all .. I've got two members pics right now and that's it .. Have to rethink some things , open to ideas ..

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Seems it's gonna range on the basis of merit, maintainability and creative writing. Mods are great yet plentiful, variable and a source of advertisement.
As throwing $$ at your ride or self-gradification, goes as Far-out as
Putting a RG fairing on a Vespa, and calling it a "guppy glide"
Yea, tey to get image to go away

·
Registered
483 Posts
I guess its DOA then, @HarleyJack. Too bad though. Like I said, there are some good looking rides on here. Oh well. Thanks for the effort

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Just scanned over the proposed Rules for
SOTM, not far into I went 'one eyed.
Jack you went thru a lot of keyboard and surely
Deserve a free oil change or minimum a shiny
Pin, they do give those out to RG.org Admin's?

Seemed "rules" must be what flags were thrown on the
Roadglide.org; straights & twistiies heaved in the past,

As you time is better spent being a Rider and all the good
we spread, real or imagined, felt or fondled.

Show & shines, sponsored events and Club runs have less....
just entry fee and/or donation, some Honorarium
pay to park trophy

Sincerely, a feat by any measure in the present

ride as right

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very little , I've gotten one pic here and there from time to time , but not like when it was going before .. When we started making different classes where everyone cud compete , whether stock or hi dollar , it kind of fell away . Some guys with nice mods felt they had no chance against someone who had lots of cash to throw in the ride , and the voting showed that .. So their response was why bother entering if they didn't stand a chance , but the classes didn't fly at all .. I've got two members pics right now and that's it .. Have to rethink some things , open to ideas ..
Maybe have the background be more of a factor, so everyone votes on the best bike then a 2nd vote for the best back drop etc.
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts