Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on a road trip with my Harley group for the past 15 days. We traveled from Northern Kentucky to The Rocky Mountains, YellowStone, Rushmore, Devils Tower, Sturgis, Bear Tooth Pass. Start to finish the trip was 4,400 miles on my 2017 RoadGlide Ultra. My shark performed flawlessly and didn't use a drop of oil. We meet so many nice people along the way and found America to be in good spirits and shape. Here is a photo of me as we were entering the Teton's.
Bill

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,814 Posts
That's great ridin' country! I lived in Colorado for 10+ years and the Rocky Mountain west has some of the finest riding there is anywhere on the planet. Not many mountain pass roads here in SW Florida! (or any where else in Florida) Lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
When I lived in Albuquerque those were some of the places I wanted to visit but never did. Much to be said for wasted time. Glad you got to experience that... beautiful bike, by the way! +1 on the pics!

·
Registered
741 Posts
One of my best road trips to date, heading back next year. One gets to appreciate this country for it's beauty and peacefulness on those amazing roads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Look forward to seeing some more pictures.

·
Registered
982 Posts
sounds like it was a great trip. Me and my brother are planning a trip for next year.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Did that same loop a couple of years ago. What a great and memorable ride. Congrats!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I meant to mention we had two long days riding 508 and 488 miles. I could have ridden further both days. The Road Glide is as easy as it gets on long rides and days. The newer suspension is noticeable on the long days. In Utah where the roads are straight and as far as you can see we opened the bikes up and for the first time in many years I saw 100 MPH on my speedometer. I was surprised how stable my shark was at that speed and also surprised there was throttle remaining. I will be 70 on August 14th and this was my last trip on two wheels. I'm safe and good skill wise riding on roads or expressway as ever. However when handling the bike to park, backup and maneuver during turn arounds is becoming more difficult. My legs are having difficulty holding up and moving a thousand pounds plus. I'll still be riding as we have an almost new Goldwing California Side Car Trike. So I'm transitioning from being a biker to a triker! I have no regrets or ill feelings about the change just thankful I've been able to ride on two wheels almost 50 years.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts