Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen too much on the subject of the raffle besides the 2 sponsors that Tracy has so far. As all those who have attended previous Shark Weeks know, the raffle raises money and provides a lot of fun and prizes for the participants. I haven't decided exactly what I'll be donating this year, but I definitely plan to donate and participate. Can I get others to join me?

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Tracy and Frankie are indeed working behind the scenes to make this year's raffle great. All hail the Queen and King of SWAG.

As dBell has alluded too individuals can also make donations to the SW VI raffle. The proceeds from the raffle are seed money for the next years SW organizing committee to secure banquet facilities and start the investment in the other fund raising ventures such as T shirt sales, patch sales, pin sales and toque sales.

I have a few items laying around the shop here this year that will be donated to the raffle.

Set of Gads wind deflectors, brand new never installed
Set of Sancho's Wings, brand new never installed
Mean Mug bezel, used but in excellent condition 98-13
T-Bags tourpak lid bra for a 1998-13 chopped tourpak, new never installed

and a few more trinkets once I start digging thru the boxes.

If you from the U.S. and have items to donate please PM Tracey for details. If you are from Canada and want to donate something, please PM me for shipping details within Canada.

Tracy and Frankie are as always the collection center for donated items and their volunteer effort is extremely appreciated by all of us.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've decided one of the items I'm going to be donating is Hyperkewl Headwear, (probably beanies and skull caps). I use them often, great for hot weather. Of course they'll be new and in the package, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
I did manage to commission an authentic Australian Aborigine boomerang with a shark on it that I'll be supplying to the raffle. I also have a hard-to-find Maisto die-cast Road Glide model, in the box, that will be donated. And per Troy's suggestion, a few sets of "vintage" Shark Week shirts, consisting of all three T-shirts from Shark Weeks III, IV, and V (which is all we had T-shirts for).

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
The member donations always astound me. This RG group is the best there is and it makes my heart happy to see the generosity.

As far as outside donations go, I have gotten many promises but the items are slow coming in. I have had a few repeat sponsors decline but I totally understand their reasons and/or circumstances. This is typical from past years. There is hopefully new ones coming on board to level it out. Its hard to gauge what will actually arrive and what wont.

I did get a few things this week in the mail but havent had time to post them yet. I will get them on in a day or two. I never post until I receive the item in hand.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The member donations always astound me. This RG group is the best there is and it makes my heart happy to see the generosity.

As far as outside donations go, I have gotten many promises but the items are slow coming in. I have had a few repeat sponsors decline but I totally understand their reasons and/or circumstances. This is typical from past years. There is hopefully new ones coming on board to level it out. Its hard to gauge what will actually arrive and what wont.

I did get a few things this week in the mail but havent had time to post them yet. I will get them on in a day or two. I never post until I receive the item in hand.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this again this year @TracyB. Although we have yet to make a Shark Week due to business obligations, we're always glad to support this great event each year.

Here's to another great Shark Week!!

Lindsey :0)
owner, Iron Aces Speed Shop

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for all of your hard work on this again this year @TracyB. Although we have yet to make a Shark Week due to business obligations, we're always glad to support this great event each year.

Here's to another great Shark Week!!

Lindsey :0)
owner, Iron Aces Speed Shop
Ditto - Thanks Tracy & Frankie for all the work you do all year for this group.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts