Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Please post up in this section when you can about your adventures too and from SW IX in Deadwood this year so that those who cannot attend this years extravaganza in Deadwood can live vicariously through our travels, trials (hopefully there's none of those) and tribulations, tailgating in the beer tent swapping lies about horsepower/torque/turbos.

Calgaryglide, tourmaster The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Testing post from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Got the Heritage Ready to Roll - Pic #1.............just waiting on @BH#103 ........Pic #2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Been working on the bike for the past few days getting ready for SW IX.

Got my bag packed today and loaded up the bike so all I have to do is throw my last minute items in the bike in the morning. I think/hope I have everything I need so if not I'll pick it up on the road.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
With all that on your bike I would be able to take everything I own!!! Nice lookin ride !
Well I'm not sure what all I have packed in that bag to be honest but it filled up REAL fast.
I have one saddlebag full of stuff I am donating to the raffle and my other saddlebag has rain gear and other stuff in it. And the tour pack has my spare socket & foot in it along with other odds & ends. I have extra gear I have to bring.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Been working on the bike for the past few days getting ready for SW IX.

Got my bag packed today and loaded up the bike so all I have to do is throw my last minute items in the bike in the morning. I think/hope I have everything I need so if not I'll pick it up on the road.

Have a great trip! When I have seat luggage on my bike I have had to leave the backrest at home because it made me uncomfortable and having the luggage to lean back against was better.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Have a great trip! When I have seat luggage on my bike I have had to leave the backrest at home because it made me uncomfortable and having the luggage to lean back against was better.
I haven't sat on the bike with the bag back there yet and this is a new bag for me so I have no idea how it will be. So I may have to take the backrest off. Last time I ever traveled with a bag on my seat was when I had my SoftTail NightTrain and I didn't have a backreat.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Left 330 am because I could not wait anymore.
Went to HELL (Michigan) but the devil didnt want me went through a nasty storm before I could get raingear on Wind decides to take my gloves into the mud!!
Made a stop at @jacksprat place in Indiana for some of his coffee.

Mainly highway miles to see family and friends along the way. Another 900 miles then the scenic stuff begins
See y’all Sunday!!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Well I'm not sure what all I have packed in that bag to be honest but it filled up REAL fast.
I have one saddlebag full of stuff I am donating to the raffle and my other saddlebag has rain gear and other stuff in it. And the tour pack has my spare socket & foot in it along with other odds & ends. I have extra gear I have to bring.
Have a Safe Trip Rick!
Enjoy all the scenery along the way.
Mike U.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Multiple tornado warnings and torrential down pour here in Colorado Springs this evening. Glad I am headed out tomorrow night!
Missed us! But on the up side I did find a couple items I'd been looking for while down in the basement

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Did have a real bad “Oh Sh** moment. Had to hit the gas hard, banged second gear and fishtailed !!(road must have been a little wet)

Lesson learned No more illegal turns to avoid construction traffic on the interstates

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Did have a real bad “Oh Sh** moment. Had to hit the gas hard, banged second gear and fishtailed !!(road must have been a little wet)

Lesson learned No more illegal turns to avoid construction traffic on the interstates
look on the bright side of things:

the weather that you had dissipated by the time it got to this area and let Smitty have fun with Payton for a few days 0:)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Laundry, Walgreens and Packing tonight along with a few Honey Do items around the crib before I split tomorrow - Have the God Son's Baptism at 2p tomorrow.......Pics, Hugs......I'M OUT.......home to change, jump on the packed bike and meet @BH#103 on the Hwy about 6pm to blast for 4 hours or so to get 250+ miles under our belt (LaCrosse Wisc) to then leave the rest for the Sunday Super Slab (Thru Min and SD) of the remaining 680+ miles to get us into Deadwood about 6p or so Sunday Night.

Looking forward to the daily rides out there, cold beers at the end of those rides and many laughs to be had

1 - 20 of 218 Posts