Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow,

The hard work, dedication, hours, negotiating, and trying to think of the answer to every possible question that could come up during the event, you folks in Texas made it look easy. Congratulations to you on setting the bar high for future Shark Weeks wherever they may be.

Gentlemen and ladies, take a well deserved rest and know that the torch has been passed and you can ride to the next Shark Week and relax and watch another committee do their best to put it all together.

You all are now part of an exclusive club of "past hosts' that know the pressure to succeed and try to accommodate all the requests of the attendees.

In the coming weeks and months we will be contacting you for your advice and experience of what works, what to avoid and where to concentrate our efforts.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Calgaryglide

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Well said Troy, and I'm sure you Canucks will make #6 fantastic. Can't wait to revisit Banff! Been almost 40 years, and I'm sure it's just as beautiful as I remember...

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Thanks Texas Crew for a well organized and eventful SW. The bad weather didn't stop anything. Everything went as scheduled.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, THANK YOU, to everyone who had anything to do with SWV. Had a wonderful time, rode some great routes and had a few brews with some interesting people. What more can a man ask for.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Thank you from all of us in the Texas Crew for all the kind words! We are glad everyone had a good time while visiting Texas. It was well worth the efforts to see all the smiling faces.

No doubt the torch has been passed and into good hands. We are looking forward to seeing everyone North of the Border and If there is anything we can do to help just ask away!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
thank you from all of us in the texas crew for all the kind words! We are glad everyone had a good time while visiting texas. It was well worth the efforts to see all the smiling faces.

No doubt the torch has been passed and into good hands. We are looking forward to seeing everyone north of the border and if there is anything we can do to help just ask away!
+ 1 ^^^^^

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Just when you think Shark Week can't get any better. it does. The Texas crew went above and beyond making SWV a success. Even though due to health issues I couldn't ride I knew because of where it was being held and the care and planning the men and women of the Texas crew put into it, it was going to be a Shark Week not to miss, and they didn't disappoint! Thanks to everyone involved from the Texas Crew to the Queen of Swag for another GREAT event!!

Troy and the folks north of the border have their work cut out for them next year but I can't wait to see what they come up with :D:eek::D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thank you from all of us in the Texas Crew for all the kind words! We are glad everyone had a good time while visiting Texas. It was well worth the efforts to see all the smiling faces.

No doubt the torch has been passed and into good hands. We are looking forward to seeing everyone North of the Border and If there is anything we can do to help just ask away!
What John said.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My first Shark Week could not have gone any better. Texas Hill country riding is tremendous. The event planning was great. But the best part was meeting the great people from the forum. I was dubious at first because, well, Garvin was the primary promoter of the forum here in Omaha that I knew. I'm glad that I did not allow that acquaintance to deter me. See you all hopefully in Calgary.

PS. The replaced line to my oil cooler held up without issues on the trip back home. Thanks for all the concern.

Fahred

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pleasure meeting you Fahred. I have to say you went through hell during your trip. Never forget the worried loom when you pulled in spewing oil. Then the smile when you learned it was just loose line. The story of your forum name was priceless.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Just when you think Shark Week can't get any better. it does. The Texas crew went above and beyond making SWV a success. Even though due to health issues I couldn't ride I knew because of where it was being held and the care and planning the men and women of the Texas crew put into it, it was going to be a Shark Week not to miss, and they didn't disappoint! Thanks to everyone involved from the Texas Crew to the Queen of Swag for another GREAT event!!

Troy and the folks north of the border have their work cut out for them next year but I can't wait to see what they come up with :D:eek::D
I was so glad to see that you showed up Jim, in spite of the health issues. Thank you for that. Shark Week wouldn't be the same without you. Looking forward to seeing you on two in the Great, Beautiful, North Country.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Thumbs up!

I have to echo all that was said in previous posts.

The TEXAS crew did a first class job and the venue was superb! Rides were well thought out and the trip to Javolina on the back roads was a great experience driving over a flooded road. :eek:

It's always great to see all my forum friends and family at the Sharkweek events. 5x for me now and never disappointed.

Thanks to all organizers, contributors and members for an amazing time.
See y'all at SW6
Ken

1 - 18 of 18 Posts