Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really but I thought that title sounded kinda cool eh.

Leaving Calgary bright and early on June 12, travelling to Billings Montana the first day.

2nd day Billings Montana to Loveland Colorado, north side of Denver, All interstate, 80mph hopefully

3rd day, Loveland Colorado to Amarillo Texas. Cruise thru Denver early in the am on this Sunday to get to Colorado Springs. Side tour to ride up Pikes Peak in the am on Sunday, short non-denomination service at the top then head down and back on the road to Amarillo

4th Day, Amarillo Texas to Kerrville Texas

Day 5,6 and 7 riding the Hill country of Texas with sharks, batwings and whatever else shows up.

Day 8, Kerrville Texas to Roswell New Mexico, heard there might be some out of this world stuff to see in Roswell

Day 9, Roswell to Madrid New Mexico for Lunch then work our way over to the Four Corners and stay over near there for the night. Farmington or "

Day 10, Four Corners then to Durango Colorado and ride the million dollar highway up to Delta Colorado and the take the Mesa Scenic Byway to Rifle Colorado.

Day 11, Rifle Colorado to Cody Wyoming, Cowboy country. Had such a great time in Cody last summer we're going back again. Rodeo held nightly just west of town. Stayed in motel with the H.A.'s last summer, they were quiet and well behaved.

Day 12, Cody Wyoming to Helena Montana. Going to ride Chief Joseph and Bearthooth again, this time early in the day and south to north.

Day 13, Helena Montana to Calgary. Same old prairie that we're used too with a few great sweeping curves alongside the Missouri River in the morning.

·
Registered
700 Posts
At Roswell I'd ride through Lincoln and Carrizozo then have a green chili cheese burger at the Buckhorn Tavern in San Antonio, NM and hit i25 for Madrid.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Count on crazy heavy traffic from Ft. Collins all the way south of Colorado Springs. Stupid drivers and lots of OTR trucks. Don't count on 80mph - realisticly 65mph with some spots of 70+ In these areas. Enjoy the ride and chill. Hope to see you at the event

·
Registered
169 Posts
what are you looking for in madrid?if its maggies,its not a diner,they sell patches.we went last year and was disappointed.cool place to ride through but not like the movie.sorry if I spoiled it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Liking your plan! You should be able to do Loveland - Co Springs in 2 hours on an early Sunday am. 3 fairly new hotels right across I25 from Loveland's Thunder Mountain Harley with some descent eats nearby.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info!

Might skip Madrid now and head over to Pie Town in western NM instead. Just saw a feature on this town on CBS Sunday Morning and as a roadglider I feel obligated to ride to a place called Pie Town.

Re-routing, re-routing!

Jay, would love to have you come a long for the trip home. You can cut off on I-70 and head back to Kansas or just come all the way up to Calgary if you wish. There is always a bed at the Duncan household for you to come on up and tour around the Canadian Rockies.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ONG,

Duncan bed and breakfast works on a first arrived better bed basis. We always have room for more. Nice big back yard for tenting as well and a hot tub to soak your road weary carcass after a long trip.

Reworking and rerouting the trip after Pike's Peak. Anyone that wants to join up with anywhere along the route please let me know. I will be finalizing the hotel reservations in February. I hopefully will have committments from the folks travelling with me from Calgary to SW V this weekend.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hotels booked on the way to SWV

Hello Folks,

Night #2 is now booked in Westminster/North Denver Colorado for Saturday June 13, 2015

Super 8
12055 Melody Dr. (I-25 at 120th Ave Exit 223)
Westminster, Colorado 80234-4201
hotel ph no.; 303-451-7200

Night #3 is now booked in Plainview Texas for Sunday June 14,2015

Days Inn Plainview
I-27 and US 70
Plainview, TX 79072
hotel ph no.; 806-293-2561

Night 4,5,6 & 7 in host hotel Kerrville, TX

Night #8 Roswell, NM

NIght #9 Kayenta, AZ or Durango CO, not sure yet, still calculating on the mapping, trying to hit, Monument Valley, 4 corners and setup the next day for million dollar hwy

Night #10 Riverton, WY

Night #11 Helena, MT

Night #12 Home in Calgary

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JayKS,

All are welcome in Plainview, TX or at any other stop. Would love to have you and your better half join up with us for the ride into Kerrville, TX

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
723 Posts
Gonna miss hooking up for the ride down. We're headed out a couple of days ahead of you and running through Santa Fe, Roswell then Carlsbad NM on the way.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm jealous you get to ride so far to get here! It feels strange taking a leisurely lunch ride to Shark Week.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I'm jealous you get to ride so far to get here! It feels strange taking a leisurely lunch ride to Shark Week.
You could always do what I did riding to SW II. It took me 1500 miles to get there, when it is only 244 miles up the Mississippi River from my house.

Damn GPS, got confused! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna miss hooking up for the ride down. We're headed out a couple of days ahead of you and running through Santa Fe, Roswell then Carlsbad NM on the way.
I'll make sure we make time for a beer to compare road notes during the week. Ride Safe and see you in Kerrville...eh!

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Short ride this year for you but I'm jealous of your planned "down under tour", that will be epic.

Calgaryglide

1 - 20 of 69 Posts