Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
@Erilflynn ...The next Shark Week is a bit of a hike for us here in the Northeast.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
@Erilflynn ...The next Shark Week is a bit of a hike for us here in the Northeast.
True that, wait for it.....2020 is in your backyard?? What? Gettysburg, Penciltucky....
Where it all started...Carry on and hope to see yah Aviscomi

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I guess some would see it that way? I was out in Colorado this year and came home via Spokane,WA a 6,900 mile trip.. Also attended the one in St.George,UT.. Along with 3 others that where a little closer to the North East including the 1 in Maine.. And I will be in Deadwood,SD next year.. The ride to and from is only half the the fun.. You will meet the best people once your there!!!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
The ride to and from is only half the the fun.. You will meet the best people once your there!!!
Bingo - I have only been to one, could not make last year due to Family Crap - Will be in Deadwood for sure.... @Smarty would kill me if I wasn't - It really is about just hanging out with people you don't know but at the end of the week.....you wish they all lived closer and it will seem like a year to wait for the next SW is too long......salt of the earth crowd, too many laughs and memories......oh yeah, some great fucking riding too - You want to chill and see shit, there is a group for that - You want 10+ over posted....group for that......you want balls to the walls "hope I make it out of the next turn alive".......there is a group for that -

To the OP......You bought a bike meant to cross the land.........cross it Brother!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess some would see it that way? I was out in Colorado this year and came home via Spokane,WA a 6,900 mile trip.. Also attended the one in St.George,UT.. Along with 3 others that where a little closer to the North East including the 1 in Maine.. And I will be in Deadwood,SD next year.. The ride to and from is only half the the fun.. You will meet the best people once your there!!!
I'm all for the ride out there, I'm not the trailering type. Hard part is getting the time off from work.

·
Registered
215 Posts
True that, wait for it.....2020 is in your backyard?? What? Gettysburg, Penciltucky....
Where it all started...Carry on and hope to see yah Aviscomi
Hell, that might be a bit too close. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hell, that might be a bit too close. :)
You can do it....I'm volunteering with the help... Hutmo (Chris) Who started all this shark week hub hub....only one condition, I'm not buying a shark just for shark week....peer pressure is cool...:nerd:

·
Registered
279 Posts
My sister is moving to Utah in January I'm hoping to be able to take 2 weeks off and if I can make it happen I'm going to try to line it up with sw and kill 2 birds with one stone! Then all I have to do is convince the girlfriend to make that long of a trip on the bike. I'm game for it all day every day, her not quite as passionate about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
My sister is moving to Utah in January I'm hoping to be able to take 2 weeks off and if I can make it happen I'm going to try to line it up with sw and kill 2 birds with one stone! Then all I have to do is convince the girlfriend to make that long of a trip on the bike. I'm game for it all day every day, her not quite as passionate about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Where in UT? I love this state.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Personally I love the long cross country trips been in deadwood 3 times before great place and great riding. Worst part is getting west of Chicago

·
Registered
215 Posts
Personally I love the long cross country trips been in deadwood 3 times before great place and great riding. Worst part is getting west of Chicago
Exactly...getting around Chicago was always my dilemma when planning trips out that way. Which is probably why I always opt to just go down the East Coast for my twice a year "long rides".

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
It may add more time to the ride but will reduce the stress of stop and go traffic.........instead of coming through NE Illinois (Chicago) try and stay South in the State......I did this when coming back from SW7 in Cherokee and it added about 1.5 hrs to my trip but that extra 1.5 hrs was "traveling" and not stop and go...stuck n traffic

Just an FYI

·
Registered
2,229 Posts

Too far? Puh-lease! You own a Road Glide! We have attendees over the years who rode from SoCal to Maine (SW4) and from South Florida to Canmore, Alberta Canada (SW6). There are hundreds more who rode from all over the country to the other seven Shark Weeks. If you're waiting for Shark Week to be held in your back yard, you'r missing the point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts