Road Glide banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe there are no planned rides, we basically make our own (which is OK by me)

I'm planning to ride to the Flight 93 Memorial by taking rt 30 (like the Gypsy tour), if anyone else wants to join me, just let me know at SWX. I don't mind leading the group.
What day are you thinking for the ride up rt30

·
Registered
997 Posts
What day are you thinking for the ride up rt30
Was thinking of going after the group photo on Tuesday. If it is done in York, the ride to the Memorial is about 3 hours taking Rt 30W--> Rt 234W --> Rt 30W (134 miles). The ride back to the hotel is 104 miles.

It's flexible though, we can do it on Wed or Thursday as well. Depends on a lot of variables, what routes Chris posts in the website, how many people are interested, weather, and how accessible the grounds are (we should know from those who rode in the Gypsy Tour).

Nevertheless, the ride to Flight 93 Memorial is on the top of my list to ride to during the Rally. Last time I was there was over 10 years ago, before the Visitor Center was built, etc..

·
Registered
759 Posts
Was thinking of going after the group photo on Tuesday. If it is done in York, the ride to the Memorial is about 3 hours taking Rt 30W--> Rt 234W --> Rt 30W (134 miles). The ride back to the hotel is 104 miles.

It's flexible though, we can do it on Wed or Thursday as well. Depends on a lot of variables, what routes Chris posts in the website, how many people are interested, weather, and how accessible the grounds are (we should know from those who rode in the Gypsy Tour).

Nevertheless, the ride to Flight 93 Memorial is on the top of my list to ride to during the Rally. Last time I was there was over 10 years ago, before the Visitor Center was built, etc..
Worth the trip for sure if it’s open. It’s been 3 yrs since we were there and there was still stuff in progress than. Getting to town on Sunday and may go on Monday depending on weather. Great memorial, very emotional experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lu

·
Registered
764 Posts
I recognize both of those pics!

Sent from the Rockies of Colorado

Reactions: mjsdouble

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I recognize both of those pics!

Sent from the Rockies of Colorado
So do I Curtis. If I’m not mistaken the last one was just after “The Tunnel (Blur) of Trees”. Where the poor little dog was run over.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts